Senior Java Engineer
- Local Airport Rd, Ikeja, Nigeria
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
The Senior Java Developer will be part of the Keystone team of engineers, business analysts, software testers, and DevOps engineers, tasked with building and enhancing legacy applications into new Java-based web applications in an enterprise environment. This role is responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions within a strategic business unit. You’ll be working alongside other engineers collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure and contributing at the different stages of the SDLC.
- Integrate web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Upgrade the API Manager platform along with the set maturity model matrix.
- 5+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; 4 additional years’ related experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC).
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, or similar databases
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with Apache libraries
- Spring boot
- comfortable using bootstrap is a plus
- Ability to use JQuery
- Comfortable using ReactJS is a plus
- Flexibility is important (Remote working is avaialble)
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Competitive based on experience