Front End Developer
- Local Airport Rd, Ikeja, Nigeria
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We’re looking for a Front End Developer who will take a key role on our team. As a Front End Developer, you will be committed to “changing the face of IT" through innovative thinking and continuous learning. The ability to learn and adopt new technologies is reflected in the quality of the product. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Participate in every stage of feature development from design and brainstorming through feature implementation, including fixing that last critical bug under a tight release deadline.
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaborating closely with other developers, developers’ teams, and product marketing.
- Review requirements and provide input
- Create functional specifications and designs.
- Implement major features from scratch.
- Create unit tests for features.
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the feature.
- Contribute to design & overall product architecture.
- Languages: C#, .NET any other OOP based language like Java, Python and the likes would be an advantage.
- Tools: Visual Studio, Android Studio,
- Database: MS SQL, SQL Lite, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Build tools: Gradle, Maven, Ant, MS BUild,
- Frameworks: AngularJS, ReactJS, .NET Framework, SignalR, REST API, ASP MVC, Nhibernate, JQuery
- Testing: Selenium, NUnit
- First Degree in Computer science, mathematics or any related science discipline;
- Excellent Presentation skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent collaborative skill;
- Attention to detail; Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization;
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules;
Flexibility is important.
The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience