Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention's online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser. Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. In May 2022, with 300 employees (and growing), Vention announced the closing of US$95M in Series C financing, which will be used to grow Vention's go-to-market strategy, expand the company's global distribution footprint, and accelerate the development of its hardware and software platform.
Part of the product management organization, your role will be to lead the release of new software and firmware across Vention's cloud-to-edge technology stack. Interfacing with our MachineBuilder, MachineLogic, Robot, MachineCloud, and MachineMotion teams, you will ensure timely and synchronized product release, optimizing for the entire organization. More specifically, you will:
- Maintain and improve the firmware and software release processes, ensure strong alignment across product teams, and fast release cycle on both environments: Edge (our embedded motion controller called MachineMotion and Cloud (our online CAD with the machine’s digital twin)
- Work with other product managers and software team leads to reshuffle resources between teams, revise scope, or move deadline as needed to achieve best outcome for the business
- Ensure deadline compliance, working with other product managers and software team leads to reshuffle resources between teams, revise scope, or move deadline as needed to achieve best outcome for the business
- Proactively synchronize firmware releases, highlighting dependencies across product team, identifying the critical path, and ensuring deadline compliance
- Own the release bundle, coordinating which feature does/ doesn't make it to scheduled Firmware release based on readiness of each product teams
- Safeguard the compatibility between Cloud and Edge platforms: own versioning, synchronize releases, ensure backwards compatibility, or call breaking changes when necessary
- Coordinate the release process, including complex software merges, software branch management, code freeze, deployment environments, etc.
- Safeguard Vention's software quality standard by ensuring that required release gates are met (i.e., Test plan, Candidate Release Test Plan, User Acceptance Test).
- University degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience as Product Manager or Product Owner
- Experience managing firmware release on edge devices or equivalent
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.