Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention's online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser.
Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. In May 2022, with 300 employees (and growing), Vention announced the closing of US$95M in Series C financing, which will be used to grow Vention's go-to-market strategy, expand the company's global distribution footprint, and accelerate the development of its hardware and software platform.
Vention is seeking a Legal Counsel to support & advise on various legal matters, including corporate affairs, commercial contracts, intellectual property matters, employment matters, data privacy and compliance. The Legal Counsel will report to the General Counsel.
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of issues, including general commercial matters, product liability, IP, data privacy, ESG and employment related matters
- Assist in the drafting, review, negotiation and conclusion of commercial agreements, including:
- Sales Agreements
- Procurement Agreements
- Software License agreements
- Private Equity Financing Agreements
- Assist in corporate governance matters, including preparing board meetings and corporate resolutions.
- Assist in developing and updating policies, procedures and guidelines for Vention.
- Create and update contract templates.
- Manage disputes and litigation with outside counsel..
- Ensure compliance with corporate and other regulatory requirements, including with respect to the company’s foreign subsidiaries.
- Ensure the Company complies with applicable data privacy legislation, including updating data privacy policies.
- Conduct legal research, preparing research notes and legal opinions on specific topics
- You must be a member of the Barreau du Québec;
- You have at least 3 years of legal work experience, either in a major law firm or in-house legal department;
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English;
- Legal experience in the United States or Germany considered an asset;
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and prioritize requests in a fast-paced environment;
- Superior analytical, negotiation, and communication skills (both written and oral);
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with representatives of various business units at different levels;
- Ability to explain legal concepts in plain language;
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.