Senior Software Developer - MachineLogic
Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention's online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser.
Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. As one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and Great Place to Work, we are a performance driven culture that cares deeply about happiness. We like ambitious goals, facts & data, and constructive debates. But at the same time, we know that we can’t repeatedly push ourselves if we are not surrounded by an uplifting and caring work environment. Those two sides of our culture, feed each other and are safeguarded with the same level of attention. Our values & principles include:
- We make our clients successful - we do what’s right for our customers, even when it makes our roles more challenging.
- We execute and deliver - we set ambitious goals for ourselves and are energized about meeting them.
- We debate, then commit - we challenge our own perspectives and ideas in pursuit of the best solutions.
- We innovate to inspire - we value innovation in products, user experiences, and business practices.
- We collaborate to achieve more - we work as one team to achieve more than we would on our own.
- We empower our people to reach their full potential - we hold ourselves to high standards but know when to celebrate progress & achievements
This is an in-office position based in our Montreal office
One of our most dynamic and exciting software teams is looking for a new developer!
Do you have strong experience in software development?
A passion for teamwork?
Do you love tinkering with motors, LEDs and other cool hardware modules?
As a Software Developer within the MachineLogic team, you will design and implement web-based applications to automate industrial machines - from simulating in the Cloud, all the way to operating on the shop floor.
You will have the opportunity to show ownership over the implementation of our products, use your leadership skills to interact with various stakeholders, guide our technical decisions, organize your work, and bring your projects to completion. Every day will greet you with new challenges, and we hope you will have fun taking them up!
More specifically, you will :
- Join a team of amazing, full-stack software developers.
- Tailor your solution to various environments: simulating in our online CAD, as well as running on our standalone motion controllers.
- Guide our technical decision and architect our code stack.
- Participate in the design of the user experience, collaborating with various Vention teams (product team, UI/UX team, QA team, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong leadership skills to show ownership over full, end-to-end solutions
- Love of new challenges and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A genuine interest for UI/UX
- Understanding of TCP/IP, REST, MQTT
- Understanding of distributed system design and the related technical challenges
- Experience in designing responsive systems (embedded and cloud/web)
How We Take Care of You
- Flexible paid time off and remote work policies
- Complimentary beverages and snacks so that you are fueled and ready for your day
- Global comprehensive health plans so you feel your best
- Career growth opportunities. Your future matters.
- Fun-filled social events curated based on diverse interests for our team to celebrate together. From sponsored sports teams to trivia nights
- Time off to volunteer and give back to your community.
What to Expect in Your Interview
- Initial Call
- Meet the Team
- Decision & Offer
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity
Our culture is an uplifting environment for high achievers. The fast-paced, high-performance environment will give you the opportunity to build products, processes and strategies that will have a lasting impact.
When you join Vention, you join a team of professionals with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Together, we strive to nurture a supportive and inclusive work environment for all. We push each other to achieve extraordinary results and forge long term relationships as a result of the intensity and passion.
We’re passionate about helping you do your best work. Claim your seat and find out what you can do!
If you're unsure if your experience perfectly matches our job posting, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are happy to chat and get to know you better while you can understand the role as well.