Software Developer - Robotics and Automation
- 4767 Rue Dagenais, Montréal, QC H4C 1L8, Canada
Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention's online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser.
Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. In May 2022, with 300 employees (and growing), Vention announced the closing of US$95M in Series C financing, which will be used to grow Vention's go-to-market strategy, expand the company's global distribution footprint, and accelerate the development of its hardware and software platform.
This is an in-office position based in our Montreal office
One of our most dynamic and exciting software teams is looking for a new developer!
Do you have strong experience in software development?
A passion for teamwork?
Do you love tinkering with motors, LEDs and other cool modules?
As a Software Developer within the MachineLogic team, you will design and implement web-based applications to automate industrial machines - from simulating in the Cloud, all the way to operating on the shopfloor.
You will have the opportunity to show ownership over the implementation of our products, using your leadership skills to interact with the various stakeholders, guide our technical decisions, organize your work, and bring your projects to completion. Every day will greet you with new challenges, and we hope you will have fun taking them up!
More specifically, you will :
- Join a team of 3 amazing software developers.
- Taylor your solution to various environments: simulating in our online CAD, as well as running on our standalone motion controllers.
- Guide our technical decision and architect our code stack.
- Participate in the design of the user experience, collaborating with various Vention teams (product team, UI/UX team, QA team, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong leadership skills, to show ownership over full, end-to-end solutions
- Love of new challenges and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- A genuine interest for UI/UX
- Understanding of TCP/IP, REST, MQTT
- Understanding of distributed system design and the related technical challenges
- Experience in designing responsive systems (embedded and cloud/web)
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.