Product Line Manager, Industrial Automation Applications
- 4767 Rue Dagenais, Montréal, QC H4C 1L8, Canada
Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention's online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser.
Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. In May 2022, with 300 employees (and growing), Vention announced the closing of US$95M in Series C financing, which will be used to grow Vention's go-to-market strategy, expand the company's global distribution footprint, and accelerate the development of its hardware and software platform.
As a Product Line Manager at Vention, you act as a mini-CEO for your product line(s). You will work closely with hardware program managers and software product managers in order to drive the growth of your product line. This role is externally and commercially oriented, including market research, product vision, product marketing/positioning, and sales enablement.
More specifically you will:
- Develop and maintain the high-level roadmap for your product lines
- Maintain competitive benchmarking in terms of new entrants, product offering, and pricing
- Connect with customers to maintain a strong understanding of their needs via discovery calls, on-site visits, and user feedback sessions
- Define, monitor, and improve relevant metrics for each product
- Develop clear market positioning and value proposition for each product
- Create technical marketing/promotional material to grow the revenue of each product (in collaboration with branded marketing team)
- Maintain all customer-facing assets up to date, including product pages, public designs, case-study, integration guides, etc.
- Monitor and improve the overall user experience of your product lines, from discovery through delivery and deployment. (ex. quality of connectors in 3D, packaging/unboxing)
- Deliver training and materials to sales, application engineers and customer success to ensure their ability to speak to, sell, and support each product
- Drive webinar agenda, in sync with marketing campaigns, tradeshows and product launches
- Interface with stakeholders across the organization to ensure commercial excellence of product: business development, operations, customer success, sales, application engineering, marketing
- Advocate for resource and budget, and manage their usage according to the product roadmap
- Offer support to the closure of sales and successful delivery to customers of products in your portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated expertise in industrial automation products and related specifications and compatibility
- 8+ years experience in product management, including exposure to P&L management
- Demonstrated ability to allocate budget and resources to grow a P&L, from new product launches to commercial activities
- Strong project management and risk mitigation mindset, with demonstrated ability to build contingency plans and execute them
- Strong expertise in launching new products from specification development up to production validation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds/good time management
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.