National Account Manager Walmart exp required
- 702 SW 8th St, Bentonville, AR 72716, USA
- Employees can work remotely
This position is posted on behalf of a client of VMG. No recruiters/ agencies please. Please do not contact VMG regarding this opportunity.
Our client - a well established toy company is seeking a National Accounts Manager. The National Accounts Manager will have responsibility for the strategic direction and management of our client's brands.
What Your Impact Will Be:
Primary responsibilities include managing the relationship with Walmart (50% of your time) plus independent rep management and other accounts. Facilitating short and long term growth of the customer in-store and online. The National Accounts Manager will partner with cross-functional groups across the customer organization to expand the current business and develop new revenue opportunities. This position will provide the highest level of service to the customer and will provide the leadership critical to execution and achievement of revenue and profit objectives for their responsible category. Daily responsibilities include:
· Establishing, communicating and implementing a strategic business plan for the customer organization that maximizes customer profitability and service levels while ensuring the achievement of segment and corporate growth and revenue objectives.
· Creating initiatives to deliver against vision and goals. Prioritizing initiatives and secure and allocate resources accordingly. Developing specific action plans with goals, timing and accountabilities.
· Driving market share focus in the team.
· Establishing a customer-centric and shopper-centric focus throughout the organization that anticipates and responds to the needs of the customer and their retail consumers/shoppers.
· Strong skills in selling, forecasting, execution and having a 360 degree business perspective.
· Leading the internal strategic planning and execution of these brands/businesses.
· Seeking, securing and analyzing information to inform strategies and plans, including industry best practices, competitive initiatives and consumer insights, to validate new product introductions and product extensions supported by product promotional opportunities that meet or exceed sales targets.
· Working on an interactive basis with the sales operations and finance teams across the business segments to ensure the success of customer sales strategies and the attainment of segment and corporate financial and performance objectives.
What We’re Looking For:
· Experience working with or managing the Walmart business and/or working with large national retailing organizations, preferably with a background in the Toy industry.
· Strong knowledge of syndicated data analysis, data metrics, shopper behavior, brand, competitive and category volumes
· Proven ability to lead, own and drive programs and processes
· Results oriented and excellent decision-making skills
· Proficient in retailer proprietary systems – Retail link, Vendor Central
· 8-10 year’s related work experience
· Owns day to day relationship with assigned accounts with the primary goal of delivering
· Serves as account champion internally to make sure accounts receive the support necessary to be successful
· Develops and maintains high visibility with account key decision-makers and decision-influencers to advance business opportunities
· Strong business acumen and analytical skills, complimented by effective oral and written communication.
· Strong analytical skills to gather and analyze large sets of data
· Working with the Demand Planning and Supply Chain teams to optimize the flow of goods, including the monthly forecast cycle and long-range plans.
· Working with Category Analysis teams to report POS, trends, factors impacting the business
· BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 8 years of major account sales management or equivalent experience within buying and/or merchandising at retail
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
· Previous Walmart and Walmart.com account management experience
· Position will be ideally located in Bentonville, AR or New York area with ability to travel
· Ability to travel at will to Bentonville, AR
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.