Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Assisted Living Residence / Memory care
- 13005 Community Campus Dr, Tampa, FL 33625, USA
This is posted for Weinberg Village https://weinbergvillage.org/ Our senior Assisted Living Facility in Tampa Florida offers a unique blend of assisted living, Alzheimer and memory support care and respite care - all geared toward providing seniors an option for retirement living that combines comfort and security knowing that help is always available when needed.
We are currently seeking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with the right skill set to join our team. The LPN will be an individual who is comfortable in a highly fast-paced multi-tasking environment with a variety of LPN and supervisory responsibilities. Be a positive presence in the facility to residents, families and other team members.
The basic characteristics of the schedule are as follows:
• Shifts 7am-3pm or 2pm-10pm
• Full Time or Part Time (Part Time 3 shifts minimum)
• Able to work weekends and holidays (if and as needed)
• Must be computer proficient
Duties and Responsibilities
• Giving medication as prescribed by a physician
• Providing change of condition to physicians and implementing care plan instructions
• Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure, temperature, and weight
• Basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas
• Giving injections of medication
• Taking medical histories
• Entering information into computer systems
• Provide licensed nursing services to residents and patient care: records vital signs; discusses and records health concerns; reports change of conditions to the PCP, assists with medication administration
• Supervise other staff positions.
• Places phone calls to pharmacies to order prescriptions; sets-up referral contacts.
• Pulls and prepares patient charts; answers phone; performs other general office duties as required.
• Maintains neatness of work area; stocks patient rooms with supplies.
• Oversee the safety and comfort of residents.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be a Certified LPN with all appropriate licenses in good standing in the state of Florida.
• Must be proficient in performing technical skills required of an LPN.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and be a team player.
• Must be able to organize, prioritize, and delegate when needed.
• Must be an energetic, professional, reliable, and have strong work ethics.
• Experience within the home care industry preferred.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
• Excellent verbal and written Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to pass a Level 2 criminal background check and drug test.
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours and attend required meetings and training programs.
Please Include an introduction paragraph outlining related employment accomplishments and indicate your salary requirements.