Dining Room Server - Assisted Living Residence
- 13005 Community Campus Dr, Tampa, FL 33625, USA
This is posted for Weinberg Village https://weinbergvillage.org/ Our senior Assisted Living Facility in Tampa Florida offers a unique blend of assisted living, Alzheimer and memory support care and respite care - all geared toward providing seniors an option for retirement living that combines comfort and security knowing that help is always available when needed.
We are currently seeking a Dining Room Server to join our team. As a Dining Room Server, you are responsible for the efficient, professional operation of the dining room and for creating a gracious and warm atmosphere through careful attention to needs of the residents and guests. This position requires tact, sensitivity and professionalism. Your appearance and attentive, courteous service directly affect the successful marketing of the property
The basic characteristics of the schedule are as follows:
• Variable Hours Schedule
• Able to work weekends and holidays (if and as needed)
• Must have server experience
Our senior Assisted Living Facility in Tampa Florida offers a unique blend of assisted living, Alzheimer and memory support care and respite care - all geared toward providing seniors an option for retirement living that combines comfort and security knowing that help is always available when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring a quality dining experience for our residents.
• Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
• Working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guest needs are met.
• Maintains excellent relations with residents, and close working relationships with other team members.
• Maintains control over all table top and menu needs, communicating these needs to the management.
• This individual will need to be empathetic, energetic and have an affinity for working with a senior population.
• Must possess superior customer services skills and a high level of professionalism
• Ability to handle resident complaints and to be able to solve problems that arise
• Must possess outstanding customer service skills (friendly, good attitude and calm disposition) and the ability to interact and build relationship with older adults.
• Work independently, be self motivated with multi-tasking abilities, and be detail oriented.
• Must be dependable, responsible, and punctual.
• Professional personal/dress required.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Must be able to clear level 2 background check (no criminal record), drug screening, and Tuberculosis testing.
• It is required to be a high school graduate.
• Ability to read, write, speak clearly and understand English.
• Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience, to work as a member of a team, and to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people, particularly older adults.
• Possess the knowledge of dining room service techniques, resident relations, plate presentation, sanitation, food handling, and special functions.
Please Include an introduction paragraph outlining related employment accomplishments and indicate your salary requirements.