X-ray Tech - medical assistant
- Tampa, FL
This job is posted for OPĒS Health:
OPĒS Health is a cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary healthcare facility delivering Primary/Family Care, Urgent Care, Wellness, Dental and Vision Services. Combined with in-house Imaging, full Lab Diagnostics, and an Rx dispensary, makes OPĒS Health the next generation in health care.
Performs the duties of the staff radiological/laboratory technician under the orders of the physician on duty. Assumes responsibility for performing radiographic examinations that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned and processed adequately.
Performs laboratory procedures following accepted OSHA precautions and policy guidelines; responsible for clerical duties directly related to laboratory and radiology.
Works closely with the physician and other staff members to care for patients ranging in age from pediatric to geriatric in the walk in clinic setting. Complaints range in severity from minor illness/injury, physical exams and drug screening to serious medical complications requiring preparation and transport to the nearest emergency room. Actively participates in maintaining regulatory standards.
General duties include assisting with patient flow, taking vital signs, preparing the patient for exam, assisting the physician with procedures as directed, drug screen collections, corporate client testing, patient referrals and all associated paperwork.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Positions patient under X-Ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection.
* Administers routine X-Ray exams, assists in physical exams, assists physician in treatment of injured patients by giving injections, changing dressings, or removing sutures under the physicians or nurses directions.
* Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure.
* Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered.
* Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as required for referrals and/or copying.
* Keeps logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals.
* Makes minor adjustments to equipment.
* Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited program for X-Ray technicians.
* Licensed in accordance with state of jurisdiction.
* phlebotomy certification
* active Florida basic x-ray machine operator license
* 6 months experience in X-Ray department.
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
* Familiar with routine medical procedures
* Operation and control of equipment
* Effective speaking to convey information
* Equipment operation monitoring
* Reading comprehension
* Active listening
* Social perceptiveness
* Technology design abilities to generate or adapt equipment and technology to serve user needs
* Written comprehension
* Information ordering
* Speech clarity
* Service orientation
* Clinic environment
* Spend significant amount of time standing
* Wearing of specialized protective equipment
* Use hands to control handle or feel objects, tools or controls
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.