Software Engineer (Intelligence Cloud)
- Prague, Czechia
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.
Are you looking to explore what’s possible in a collaborative, innovative work environment? Is your goal to work with a team of talented professionals that is keenly focused on solving complex business problems and supporting product innovation with technology? Do you want to practice continuous delivery/deployment? Do you want to work on SaaS product delivered through public cloud (AWS)? If so, you might be our next Software Engineer. You will be involved in building our latest products to satisfy most demanding customers like Siemens, Dell, Ford… (https://www.vendavo.com/customers/).
If you are passionate about building innovative software, solving complex problems, are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, and can thrive in a start-up culture, we want to meet you!
In this position, you will:
- Analyze requirements and come up with possible solutions to solve the problem, evaluating and capturing necessary tradeoffs
- Build and improve newest services and ensure that they are well tested and released quickly and often to our customers
- Deep dive to identify failure patterns to resolve problems at their roots
- Have an opportunity to influence the architecture and organization
- Design and implement cloud based high-performance, highly available services to cover customers’ high demands and big data volumes
- Maintain rapid deployment pipelines and observability of the services to support operations/troubleshooting.
- Think about security of the whole technical stack and processes to ensure customers’ data is safe
- Take care of all aspects of the product: from implementation, through testing, to operations.
- Use cool technologies like Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS…
We are looking for a colleague who has:
- Extensive Java development experience
- Ability to understand new problem/business domains and technologies fast
- Analytical mind which is eager to share the knowledge and justify analysis results
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Interest in people and team work – this position is not for lone-wolf coder
- Interest in all product aspects from requirements, development to testing and operations
- Good English communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Extra experience points are earned for:
- Operations experience in teams practicing DevOps/SRE
- (Micro) service oriented architectures
- machine learning, bigdata processing, data engineering
- Public cloud experience (AWS, Azure…)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins/GoCD, Kafka
- Spring, Gradle, Groovy, Kotlin, Spock, Git
We are offering:
- Working within a team of friendly skilled people where help is always in reach
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Use of modern tools and access to experts
- Team spirit in the workplace, with weekend retreats and fun team activities
- Opportunities to learn a new field and get a deep understanding of enterprise tech
- Flexible working hours without micromanagement
- Personal freedom and focus on individual responsibility
- Company sponsored events for employees, volunteer tech talks and tournaments
- Weekly English classes, international travel opportunities
- 25 days of paid vacation + 2 days paid for charity activities
- Monthly benefits allowance, meal vouchers
- MultiSport card available
- Modern cozy offices in Prague and Ostrava, no large open-space floors or cubicles, rec room with games and books
- Snacks and fresh fruits at work, weekly surprises (pizza, sushi, ice cream, wine tastings), breakfast every Thursday
- High-end laptop and smartphone, including personal use
- Option to use discounted unlimited mobile plan for family members