Software Engineer with DevOps experience
- Ostrava, Czechia
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.
Do you want to use latest technologies? Do you want to practice continuous delivery/deployment? Do you want to work on SaaS product delivered through public cloud (AWS)? If you are reliable, hardworking and self-motivated, join our team!
We are building a platform and infrastructure for our teams to support new products and our future growth in the cloud. Our customers are the most demanding customers like Siemens, Dell, Ford… (https://www.vendavo.com/customers/).
You will be involved in developing and maintaining our continuous deployment flows, enabling the whole engineering group to operate more effectively and iterate at top speed in an open, collaborative environment.
Automation is the name of the game here – in development, testing and operations. If you are passionate about building innovative software, solving complex problems, are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, and can thrive in a start-up culture, we want to meet you!
In this position, you will:
- Have an opportunity to influence the architecture.
- Design and develop new features and enhancements.
- Cooperate with other team members, product managers etc.
- Take care of all aspects of the product: from implementation, through testing, to operations.
- Communicate in English on daily basis.
- Use: Kotlin/Java/Groovy, Micronaut/Spring Framework, Gradle, AWS, PostgreSQL, Amazon Athena, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, and other techs based on what we find useful.
We are looking for a colleague who has:
- Enthusiasm for SW development and ability to work independently.
- Responsibility for the quality of the delivered work.
- Abilities to understand new problem/business domains.
- Operations experience (DevOps/SRE).
- Java development experience.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good English communication skills (both verbal and written).
Extra experience points are earned for:
(micro) service oriented architectures, bigdata processing, data engineering, cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure…), security, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, GoCD..., TypeScript (NodeJS, React…)
We are offering:
- Working within a team of friendly skilled people where help is always in reach
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Use of modern tools and access to experts
- Team spirit in the workplace, with weekend retreats and fun team activities
- Opportunities to learn a new field and get a deep understanding of enterprise tech
- Flexible working hours without micromanagement
- Personal freedom and focus on individual responsibility
- Company sponsored events for employees, volunteer tech talks and tournaments
- Weekly English classes, international travel opportunities
- 25 days of paid vacation + 2 days paid for charity activities
- Monthly benefits allowance, meal vouchers
- MultiSport card available
- Modern cozy offices in Prague and Ostrava, no large open-space floors or cubicles, rec room with games and books
- Snacks and fresh fruits at work, weekly surprises (pizza, sushi, ice cream, wine tastings), breakfast every Thursday
- High-end laptop and smartphone, including personal use
- Option to use discounted unlimited mobile plan for family members