Database Software Engineer
- Prague, Czechia
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.
We are building brand new team in the Czech Republic that will work on world class pricing solution that is empowering world’s most successful B2B organizations. You will have the opportunity to participate in shaping team and your own destiny.
We are looking for an open-minded and proactive team player passionate about database development.
You will participate in database design, development, and all technical aspects of a product’s lifecycle. You will closely cooperate with other developers and business colleagues in fast-paced agile environment and contribute to the success of Vendavo.
What your job will be about
- Analyze, design, and implement new product features, live the principles of evolvable architecture and modern design patterns
- Foster high product quality through code reviews, secure coding, automation, defects fixing, and performance tuning
- Contribute to development process and tooling efficiency and improvements
- Constantly assess and utilize new technologies and approaches
- Cooperate with smart colleagues inside/outside boundaries of the team
- Be part of and actively contribute to amazing Vendavo engineering community
What you need to be successful
- At least 3 years of experience as a database engineer working with SQL Server, ideally Computer Science or equivalent education
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server Database Engine, DML/DDL operations, stored procedures, views, functions, triggers, Dynamic SQL
- Understand of transaction isolation levels, locking mechanisms, SSIS, SQL server security
- Proficient communication in English (both verbal and written)
We are offering:
- Working within a team of friendly skilled people where help is always in reach
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Use of modern tools and access to experts
- Team spirit in the workplace, with weekend retreats and fun team activities
- Opportunities to learn a new field and get a deep understanding of enterprise tech
- Flexible working hours without micromanagement
- Personal freedom and focus on individual responsibility
- Company sponsored events for employees, volunteer tech talks and tournaments
- Weekly English classes, international travel opportunities
- 25 days of paid vacation + 2 days paid for charity activities
- Monthly benefits allowance, meal vouchers
- MultiSport card available
- Modern cozy offices in Prague and Ostrava, no large open-space floors or cubicles, rec room with games and books
- Snacks and fresh fruits at work, weekly surprises (pizza, sushi, ice cream, wine tastings), breakfast every Thursday
- High-end laptop and smartphone, including personal use
- Option to use discounted unlimited mobile plan for family members