Site Reliability Engineer
- Ostrava, Czechia
- Employees can work remotely
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.
Do you want to use latest technologies? Do you want to practice continuous delivery/deployment? Do you want to work on SaaS product delivered through public cloud (AWS)? If you are reliable, hardworking and self-motivated, join our team!
We are building a platform and infrastructure for our teams to support new products and our future growth in the cloud. Our customers are the most demanding customers like Siemens, Dell, Ford… (https://www.vendavo.com/customers/).
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for high reliability of our systems – high availability, disaster recovery plans, on-call duties etc.
- Share your know-how and collaborate with our development teams practicing DevOps
- Follow best SRE practices like postmortems etc.
- Maintain and improve our continuous deployment pipelines and CICD systems
- Improve our monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Improve our automated infrastructure setup (infra as code)
- Ensure proper maintenance of all runtime environments
- Improve security of our systems and processes
- Have an opportunity to influence the architecture
- Use: Java/Groovy, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Bitbucket, GoCD and other techs based on what we find useful.
We are looking for a colleague who has:
- Operations experience (Dev(Sec)Ops/SRE)
- Enthusiasm for automation / software development
- Responsibility for the quality of the delivered work
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of best practices for developing and operating highly reliable systems
- Ability to share know-how and collaborate with others -> this is not a “lone wolf” position
- Good English communication skills (both verbal and written)
Extra points are earned for experience with:
- SW development
- Continuous deployment
- Terraform / infrastructure as code in general
- Operating (micro) service-oriented architectures
- Implementing security best practices
- Monitoring systems like ELK, Prometheus…
- System administration
We are offering:
- Working within a team of friendly skilled people where help is always in reach
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Use of modern tools and access to experts
- Team spirit in the workplace, with weekend retreats and fun team activities
- Opportunities to learn a new field and get a deep understanding of enterprise tech
- Flexible working hours without micromanagement
- Personal freedom and focus on individual responsibility
- Company sponsored events for employees, volunteer tech talks and tournaments
- Weekly English classes, international travel opportunities
- 25 days of paid vacation + 2 days paid for charity activities
- Monthly benefits allowance, meal vouchers
- MultiSport card available
- Modern cozy offices in Prague and Ostrava, no large open-space floors or cubicles, rec room with games and books
- Snacks and fresh fruits at work, weekly surprises (pizza, sushi, ice cream, wine tastings), breakfast every Thursday
- High-end laptop and smartphone, including personal use
- Option to use discounted unlimited mobile plan for family members