Director of Security
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.
We’re a growing team, and as we scale, we have an immediate opening for a Director of Security that will be a critical role in the preparation and execution of client and regulatory audits and certifications of SOC and ISO. This role will be critical in the creation of a unified approach to security to support the rapidly changing and innovative needs of Vendavo customers.
You’ll be joining a people-focused company, under the direct supervision of the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer. This role is directly responsible for the delivery of information technology and cybersecurity solutions to Vendavo, Inc. by aiding in the evaluation of security components, security solutions, and services with a focus on the cloud. A strategic mindset with the ability to analyze the security architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement is a must.
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Aids in the evaluation of existing technical solutions and risk areas of Vendavo, Inc. and Vendavo, Inc. customers.
- Provides deep technical expertise regarding security risks and risk mitigation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and delivering deep technical guidance related to enhancing Vendavo’s security posture and the deployment and maintenance of cybersecurity solutions.
- Addresses changes in the threat landscape that can impact Vendavo customers.
- Oversees and facilitates the development of the design and implementation of security architecture controls.
- Aids in the execution of routine cybersecurity assessments, reviews and monitoring; including penetration testing of network infrastructure.
- Assists in the drafting of assessment reports and other reports of findings.
- Acts as the liaison between technical and non-technical people within Vendavo and Vendavo customers.
- Practices regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a cybersecurity discipline at a senior level is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year to year basis.
- Security certifications such as Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is required.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect + Security or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure is preferred.
- Ability to follow all Vendavo, Inc. policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, actively participates in and attends employee meetings and complete required training programs on a timely basis.
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Vendavo, Inc.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to ensure superior results and team success.
- Skilled in exercising independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, and recommend changes in office practices or procedures.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and work with a variety of situations, individuals, and groups. Openness to different and new ways of doing things and changing situations.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time while meeting specific and structured timelines.
- Knowledge of relevant software and hardware.
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Linux and Apple operating systems, servers and applications.
- Expert understanding of Networking and Security concepts.
- Strong Knowledge of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001 and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-32.
- Ability and willingness to periodically travel.
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.