Database Administrator (Remote)
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.
As Vendavo expands into new product and market segments, we are looking for a highly skilled Database Administrator who will work with both established RDBMS systems as well as innovative big-data technologies, playing a key role as a domain expert in database design, operation, and optimization.
- Provide all activities related to the administration of large scale Oracle databases, MS SQL & PostgreSQL inclusive of patching, tuning, backups, replications and disaster recovery
- Migrate current Oracle databases to PostgreSQL databases
- Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function
- Design, create and maintain databases in a client/server environment
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases
- Designs, implements and maintains complex databases, access methods, access time, devise allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security
- Create and manage a pool of SQL databases for use by Development, Cloud Operations, Professional Services, and Customer Support
- Work closely with Product Development to identify database performance issues, provide tuning, and design suggestions
- Work with customers through our support team to help identify database performance issues with our products and provide recommended solutions
- Work together with Professional Services and Product Development to provide database “best practices” sizing, tuning, and architectural guidelines for the Vendavo suite of products
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Database Administration
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience of Microsoft SQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Proficient in Scripting in any language
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems using Database and OS specific tools
- Experience in identifying and resolving database performance bottlenecks
- Solid SQL Performance Tuning
- Experience in Database Installs/Clustering, Upgrades, Patching, Security and Monitoring.
- Experience in tuning databases for optimal efficiency (including both hardware and software).
- Solid understanding of Database design “best practices”
- In depth, knowledge of Database backup and recovery
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.