- Denver, CO, USA
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.
We’re a growing team, and as we scale, so does our need for focus on growing IT systems. You will provide input on technical direction and completes assigned tasks in a timely manner. You must be an excellent troubleshooter using experience, resources, initiative and tools to analyze and correct issues in an efficient and expedited manner whilst taking care not to disrupt other services and installations.
The Opportunity: You’ll be joining a people-focused company and business development team. As a Systems Engineer with Vendavo, you will install, configure, and maintain the organization’s operating systems, server hardware, and storage hardware. Responsible for maintaining good health on all assigned environments.
- Analyzes and resolves problems efficiently and effectively. Performs administration and configuration of both Linux and Microsoft operating systems
- Administer server platforms both physical and virtual (ESX/XEN) machines;
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks, and Network Attached Storage;
- Evaluates, designs, deploys, and maintains highly available and reliable corporate IT infrastructure services;
- Must be able, with limited supervision, to design, plan, procure, install, configure and support a variety of systems and services as required in corporate IT environment;
- Stay current with modern infrastructure and operations trends and technologies and is able to advise on architecture, standards, and planning infrastructure future roadmaps;
- Creates and maintains documentation on all existing and new systems and configurations;
- Ability to mentor team members, and help implement industry best practices;
- Interact with vendors (software, hardware, and telecommunications providers) to develop and implement service improvements;
- Responsible for data backups/restores and overall data integrity;
- Monitor system performance and perform fine tuning as necessary;
- Performs capacity analysis and forecasting, proactively analyze and provide meaningful statistics on infrastructure systems and operational metrics;
- Assists in maintaining environment integrity and security;
- Designs, documents and implements changes to maintain all IT systems;
- Serve as knowledge and subject matter expert in areas of expertise;
- Assist with training and mentoring of junior staff;
- A self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment;
- Project leadership abilities and experience is plus. Ability to prioritize tasks and users, with a strong sense of customer service; Provides backup capabilities to other key roles in the organization as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in corporate IT systems and network administration and support;
- 5+ years of experience and expertise with deploying and maintaining Linux in an enterprise required;
- 4+ years administering production virtual environments using ESX/XEN;
- 5+ years of experience with Windows server administration and MS Enterprise applications: Windows Server, AD, MS SQL, Exchange, O365;
- 2+ years of enterprise SAN/NAS administration required, experience with NetApp a plus;
- Extensive scripting, tuning and performance monitoring experience required;
- Configuration management and automation, experience with an enterprise solution such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible preferred;
- DNS and DHCP administration experience required;
- 5+ years of experience in general networking experience. Experience administering Cisco and Palo Alto firewall equipment a plus;
- Experience leading network/server related implementations and infrastructure projects;
- Excellent communications skills with customers and vendors;
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN and WAN concepts and implementations;
- Experience with installing software releases, firmware, system upgrades and patches;
- Perform system backups and recovery. Maintain and monitor system configurations to ensure data integrity;
- Adheres to policies and procedures of Vendavo Inc and also those of the IT Infrastructure team;
- Bachelors degree, Engineering degree or equivalent work experience;
- Industry certifications a definite plus;
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.