Director of Food & Beverage
- Department: Food & Beverage
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
- Lead the world-class F&B operations and team of professionals in delivering high-end consistent F&B service that exceeds our guests' expectations at Velaa Private Island.
- Demonstrate a high degree of Velaa’s culture and service standards awareness.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that F&B colleagues follow all the standard operating procedures and maintain the highest standards consistently.
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement, analyze guest concerns and recommend corrective actions.
- Train and coach the team in service standards, F&B knowledge and lead by example.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading F&B service at a five-star luxury hotel/resort; exposure to Michelin starred service.
- Bachelors' degree in Hotel Management or relevant diploma will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of written & spoken English with impeccable inter-personal skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills & confident to anticipate and manage processes with great attention to details.
- Outstanding guest service skills striving to exceed guests' expectations.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs with a pleasant, outgoing and charming personality.
- Experience in Leading Quality Assurance and Forbes Travel Guide standards.
- Previous experience in Maldives will be a plus.