Coral Restoration Intern
- Department: Recreation
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
- Data collection and entry.
- Coral Restoration Project duties including constructing, monitoring, and maintaining multiple coral nurseries and Biorock structures, transplanting coral colonies to the reef, and conducting scientific surveys.
- Assisting the Marine Biologist & Sustainability Manager and the Resident Marine Biologist carrying out marine center activities with guest, including Young Marine Biologist Program with Kids Club.
- Manage small personal coral restoration projects.
- Reports to the Marine Biologist & Sustainability Manager and the Resident Marine Biologist.
- Rescue Diver with at least 100 logged dives.
- A degree in marine biology or in a related field.
- Previous experience in coral restoration projects will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of marine biology, corals, and coral restoration.
- Able to communicate well in English (both written & spoken).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Passion for marine conservation and sustainability.
- The Internship period is 1 year.