Short Term - Boat Crew
- Department: Recreation
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
- Maintain all Transport equipment to the highest level including daily checks and regular servicing schedules. Dry docking vessels, cleaning, painting, repair work under the guidance and supervision of appointed Velaa personnel.
- Ensure all guests equipment is correctly checked, loaded and stowed on vessels.
- Execute all duties as boat crew for snorkel, scuba, and all excursions including but not limited to, boat setup and breakdown, boat maintenance and cleaning, briefings, interpretive tours, guiding and site setting.
- Assisting with general duties in Dive and Watersports center if required, including but not limited to guiding diving, snorkeling and fishing.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role at a 5-star luxury hotel/resort.
- Boat crew syllabus certification as per 2017 Maldivian regulation.
- Coastal navigation level 2 captain license and will be an added advantage.
- Must have excellent knowledge in handling ropes and knots, assisting in docking and undocking, boat cleaning and maintenance.
- Previous experience of guiding snorkeling tours.
- Experienced in hand line fishing, casting, jigging, trolling & fishing equipment handling.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, fluency in other languages is a plus point.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, always remaining calm and courteous.