Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
- Department: Food & Beverage
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
- Assist the F&B Director in managing the daily operations of F&B department with focus on world-class and personalized customer service.
- Demonstrate a high degree of Velaa’s culture and service standards awareness.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Ensure that the F&B colleagues follow all the standard operating procedures and maintain the highest standards consistently.
- Analyze guest concerns and recommend corrective actions.
- Train and coach the team in service standards & F&B knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading F&B at a high-end five-star luxury hotel/resort. Remote location experience will be an advantage.
- Bachelors' degree in Hotel Management or relevant diploma will be a plus.
- Good knowledge of wines and spirits and great background in fine dining, organizing and maintaining high-profile banquets/functions.
- Excellent command of written & spoken English; fluency in other languages (Russian, Chinese, etc.) will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills & confident to anticipate and manage processes.
- Possess outstanding guest service skills striving to exceed guests' expectations.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs with a pleasant personality.
- Experience in Forbes Travel Guide & LQA standards.