Assistant Reservations Manager
- Department: Sales and Marketing
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
- Assist in managing the Daily Operations of the Reservations Department, act as Reservations Manager in his/her absence, and support the Reservations team in achieving departmental objectives.
- Lead the Reservations colleagues by ensuring proper training, and scheduling.
- Supervise colleagues within the department to ensure that standards and policies of service are maintained.
- Develop pricing strategies, including building room rates and packages and special offers.
- Responsible to work closely with relevant Department.
- Communicate with sales team to collect sales figures to forecast future demand and pricing trends.
- Build strong relations with partners and agents including key accounts.
- Demonstrate a high degree of Velaa’s culture and service standards awareness
- 3 - 5 years working in top 5* Hotel Revenue/Reservations Management, experience in Maldives will be an advantage, .
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Excellent command of written & spoken English, fluency in additional language (Russian or Chinese) will be an advantage.
- Able to generate reports from SunSystems reporting module.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills & confident to anticipate and manage processes.
- Ability to lead initiatives, negotiate, multi-tasking and accountability for team actions.
- Strong communication skills and effectively ensure that bookings are secured and meets targets.
- Skilled in preparing rates and offers based on demand and market trends.
- Capacity to read situations, understand environments and respond accordingly.
- Knowledgeable in hotel technology: PMS Opera, Vision, etc.
- Understanding inventory management processes.
- Able to generate revenue reports and forecasts.