Chef de Partie
- Department: Culinary
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
- Assisting the Sous chef in leading & managing all culinary activities relating to the Pan Asian Cuisine ensuring compliance with Velaa’s standards in quality, hygiene, and guest satisfaction.
- Promoting cross-sectional effective communication with a positive team spirit.
- Ensuring all staff under supervision are trained to the standards and aware of the specifications of Asian dishes.
- Continuously work on maintaining the consistency of dishes and take initiative on improving the quality and range of choices.
- Be visible and engaging with guests at the outlets and obtain feedback when possible.
- Minimum three (3) years' international experience at 5-star luxury hotels/resorts in preparing Pan Asian cuisine & ability of working in the grill would be additional advantage.
- Training in authentic techniques with knowledge of Asian cuisines.
- Must have excellent knowledge of HACCP and other food safety standards.
- Good command of written & spoken English.
- Experienced in working with multicultural teams and able to work under pressure.
- Guest oriented and with a pleasant and positive personality.
- Ability to work in hectic environments.
- Flexible to work around guest demands and an eye for detail.