Water Sports Instructor
- Department: Recreation
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
- To execute all administrative work accurately related to the Watersports department.
- Responsible for accurate guest bookings and conveying relevant information to Dive/Watersports Manager.
- Upselling and suggesting booking for dive courses, excursions and activities available as per Velaa service standards.
- Responsible for the behavior of Watersports Staff when delivering all types of service.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and promote a safe working environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Watersports Instructor
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with a luxury Hotel/Resort
- Proof of Costal Navigation level 2 Captain License as per Maldivian Regulation
- VDWS Instructor for Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Catamaran
- PADI Divemaster license will be an advantage
- Speed Boat and Jetski handling & maintenance knowledge
- Guiding Jetski, Snorkeling, Seabob tours
- Experience in towing
- Knowledge in wake surfing and wake surf boat operation
- Flysports teaching & Flysports jetski operation
- Strong knowledge in equipment handling & care
- Fluent in spoken English