- Department: Health, Fitness and Beauty
Velaa Private Island is one of the leading resorts in the world. The combination of innovative and unique architectural design and the bespoke private service offered from our expert and experienced team ensures the perfect environment to create the most memorable and unforgettable moments for each and every one of our valued guests.
Located north from Malé, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private Island.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Ayurveda Doctor to join our Wellness Team who will be offering our guests medical attention and ayurvedic practice by utilizing herbal treatments and tinctures and following the advice of the traditional medical system, Ayurveda.
Remaining responsibilities are as follows:
- Treat patients in accordance with herbal treatments underlined in ancient Ayurveda medicine.
- Supervise the preparation of high-quality herbal formulations, customizing therapy for each patient.
- Modify Ayurvedic treatments based on guests' requirements.
- Make diagnoses by visual and tactile observations and examining medical histories and lifestyles.
- Suggest interventions such as massage, mindfulness and homeopathic medicines.
- Advise modifications to nutrition, lifestyle, and other elements that may increase the risk for or speed up the disease’s development.
- Apply Ayurveda knowledge for developing new herbal formulations to offer the best treatment to guests.
- Collaborate with other Wellness professionals to create the best treatment packages for guests.
- Use Ayurvedic knowledge for supplementing existing healing practices.
- Observe and monitor the effects of each therapy.
- Degree in Ayurvedic medicine – B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) from a reputed Ayurvedic Institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Ayurvedic medical practitioner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of traditional Ayurvedic treatments.
- Exceptional problem-solving and diagnostic skills, accompanied by outstanding clinical judgment.
- Strong communication skills are a must to effectively communicate with patients while directing them towards overall wellness.
- Hotel industry experience in a five-star luxury brand will be an advantage.