Software Engineer (Cloud-Native)
- San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Kasten is tackling Day 2 data management challenges to help enterprises confidently run applications on Kubernetes. Kasten K10, a data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity. Founded in 2017 and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Salt Lake City. Kasten is now part of Veeam, bringing together two industry leaders to serve the growing need for Kubernetes application backup and mobility for IT and Cloud Operations teams across the globe.
Kasten by Veeam is the leader in Kubernetes Backup and Disaster Recovery. K10, our data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and application mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity.
Our team is all-remote, and we’re hiring for this role across all locations in the US.
At a high level, this is what the role encompasses:
- Building integrations and APIs to increase the compatibility of the K10 platform with cloud-native technologies
- Develop features and data-service integrations in Kanister (https://kanister.io/)
- Work with and contribute to the cloud-native open source community.
- Work with our back end and front end engineering teams to develop deep feature sets that improve performance, security and adhere to best practices
- Develop applications in languages such as C++/Java/Python or Go
- Experience using Kubernetes in production environments
- Comprehensive experience using a variety of cloud services and cloud-native technologies
- Strong fundamentals in topics such as: gitops, automation, shift-left, logging, telemetry, observability, security, storage systems, service mesh, containerization, and other cloud-native related technologies
- Effective communication skills, achieving consensus and defining status of projects and work
- You are passionate about code quality, extensibility, coding standards, testing, and automation
- You are impact and result-driven and biased towards execution
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with CNCF projects and landscape
- Contributions to cloud-native or other open-source projects
- Experience with databases and/or storage systems - especially in the public cloud
- Experience developing for and on containers, container scheduler, and orchestration platforms
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.