- San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Modern Data Protection. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 400,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 200 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Kasten is now part of Veeam, bringing together two industry leaders to serve the growing need for Kubernetes application backup and mobility for IT and Cloud Operations teams across the globe. Kasten by Veeam is tackling Day 2 data management challenges to help enterprises confidently run applications on Kubernetes. Kasten K10, a data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity. Everyone here at Veeam plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
We are looking for UI engineers to join our growing frontend team which owns the web-based user interface for Kasten’s K10 product. The K10 UI is designed for modern web browsers and is built using the latest UI technologies such as VueJS/Vuex, ES2015+, and SASS (SCSS). The UI backend API uses Golang, so experience with Go is a nice bonus.
- Own meaningful parts of the product. We are still a relatively small engineering team so you will design, build, and test significant features in the K10 product related to backup and recovery of Kubernetes applications, databases, and storage systems
- Use a breadth of skills at every level of development - from initial design to UX wireframing, CSS styling, REST APIs, and JS development for new features.
- Automate code quality with unit tests and end-to-end UI tests
- Help build the UI team. We’re still growing and you’ll be an important part of that.
- Your work or portfolio visible online (e.g. portfolio site, CodePen account, or GitHub)
- At least one year of experience with a reactive framework such as React or VueJS.
- Ability to implement designs in mobile-responsive CSS and experience with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience building reusable web components
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, REST, asynchronous logic)
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
Bonus points for having
- Visual design experience and the ability to create visually appealing interfaces
- VueJS and Vuex experience
- Experience writing in Go (and liking it).
- Experience with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience participating in and contributing to open source
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.