Channel Manager, Chengdu
- Beijing, Sichuan, China
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Channel Manager (“CM”) Role is key business development position that carries revenue targets, pipeline management responsibilities and partner competency targets alongside other key performance indicators.
The CM will be responsible for developing Veeam’s Pro-Partners relationships within North China including key technology alliance partners. The CM has overall ownership of recruiting, retaining and enabling channel partners who focus on VMware and Microsoft virtualisation technologies. The CM must build executive-level through to operational relationships within Resellers and System Integrators (VARs and SIs) and also develop various demand generation campaigns with each partner.
As a Channel Manager you will work closely with Strategic Veeam Pro-Partners to help identify new revenue opportunities. As such the CM will need to continually develop their knowledge of virtualisation and availability technologies and also be able to articulate the value of business continuity. The CM will need to have excellent communication, business acumen and relationship building skills to ensure that we are able to influence and develop Veeam Software’s Pro-Partner community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and own partner strategy, strategic account plans, and key executive relationships - including growth opportunities, action planning, and revenue forecasting.
- Achieving revenue targets and goals within a set geographical region.
- Developing and executing territory plans with the focus on channel partners and mid-market to enterprise size VMware and Microsoft virtualisation customers.
- Recruiting, training and enabling channel partners (VARs and SIs) with the focus on SMB run-rate business.
- Establish and build long-term and productive relationships with channel partners.
- Drive revenue through analysis and optimisation with channel partners.
- Structure proposals working with internal support functions to negotiate and close deals.
- Be the first point of contact for partners around all key areas (training, enablement, opportunity assistance, lead generation, etc.)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Veeam Software’s solution offering and its competitive advantages, actively monitor the competitive landscape and provide feedback to the business.
- Plan and drive activities with set channel partners to drive maximum return to Veeam Software.
- Gain a deep understanding of the channel partners your specifically manage and maintain / update information in SFDC. Ensuring all information supplied is up-to-date, accurate and comprehensive.
- Ensure that knowledge of Veeam Software’s business, core goals and strategies, organization, products and solutions, and IT industry is kept up to date.
- Actively contribute towards the improvement of the team and operation, participating in team meetings, discussions and other activities with a focus of development.
- Providing on-going support to the entire team in region, assisting with recruitment, training and enablement, opportunity identification and closure.
- Key to success will be developing strong internal partnership with the marketing, inside and field sales teams.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Above eight (8+) years Software Channel Sales Experience (prerequisite).
- Proven sales and partner/account management track record.
- Business development and deal negotiation experience is a must.
- Building executive through to operational level relationships within Resellers and System Integrators.
- Solid understanding of virtualisation technologies specifically VMware & Microsoft solution sets.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent electronic correspondence skills, with knowledge of basic business research tools.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time depending on requirements.