Channel Business Developer - Renewal Sales (11 Month Contract)
- Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
- Works to improve partner renewal rates through partner relationships, providing education on the benefits of Veeam renewals.
- Quantitatively monitors and qualitatively reviews Veeam partners that have been targeted for improvement, specifically for renewals sales.
- Interacts and collaborates regularly with external partners (distribution, resellers) and internally with the Veeam sales and marketing teams.
- Handles partner inquiries by explaining the provisions and benefits of proposed plans; renewals programs, promotions, positioning value of multi-year support, up-sells and product upgrades.
- Actively pursues lapsed customers, end users and channel partners to sell reinstated products.
- Ability to handle 90% of escalations independently.
- Tracks renewal rates and other metrics for partners and communicates these findings to partners and partner managers, presenting strategies for execution.
- Tracks trending partner data to seek out obstacles, works with partners on strategies to overcome these obstacles, and maximize partnership value, while positioning opportunities for growth.
- Generates regular reports and assures that contracts contain appropriate terms and conditions for maintenance renewals selected by the partner.
- Assists in continued development of channel programs for renewals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Channel Sales is required; thorough understanding of channel nuances critical to role.
- IT Distribution and/or IT Reseller experience preferred.
- Microsoft Excel expertise with a high-level of proficiency preferred.
- Experience compiling, querying, analyzing and reporting data.
- Salesforce proficiency preferred.
- Telephone sales experience required; Previous sales experience representing a high-rate technology product or service with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed a sales quota.
- Experience in renewing support contracts for at least 1 year.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines and quotas.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly adapt to changes in role responsibilities per organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (A combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Ability to work in a semi-autonomous and fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, have positive mentality, and be a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to coach resellers to maintain On-Time Renewal Rate by # of Deals over a certain threshold (depending on the region/to be set by manager).
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Commitment to problem solving.
- Exceptional Work Ethic and commitment to Team Work.
- Ensures customer/partner satisfaction.
- Regularly presents ideas as an active contributor and enjoys creating and executing on different renewals campaigns.
- Willingness and ability to travel, and present in front of large audiences.