Pre-Sales / Systems Engineer (Austria)
- Tyrol OR Salzburg, Western or Northern, Austria
- Employees can work remotely
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
At Veeam, Systems Engineers work closely with field sales and help to evangelize our product offerings to our partners, resellers and end users. Grow along with Veeam while gaining valuable experience in the hottest area within IT today. These positions require significant travel within the region of responsibility.
- Collaborate with the customer/partner to establish and translate business objectives into technical requirements
- Positioning Veeam products to both partners and end‐users to help overachieve on sales goals
- Creation of content and delivery of Veeam Software demonstrations to varying numbers and levels of decision makers virtually and in person
- Managing the technical evaluation stage of the sales process as a main technical advisor for Veeam solution
- Implement and manage POCs to technical closure
- Working closely with Veeam’s value-added resellers on training, joint meetings and building relationships
- Providing pre-sales support and/or on-site installation assistance to customers as they evaluate Veeam software
- Support lead generation activities such as events, webinars, user groups, etc
- Working closely with development to provide customer feedback
- Ideally located in Tirol, Salzburg or Upper Austria
- Demonstrable experience working in a pre-sales role it IT
- Have deep experience with virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV)
- Ideally have experience with datacenter monitoring and reporting
- Have wide range of technical knowledge of data management inclusive tape drives, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols
- Be comfortable to engage discussion about Cloud technologies
- VMCE certification would be advantageous- employees have the opportunity to obtain VMCE and also VMCA once in the role
- Have basic knowledge of public clouds (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP)
- Knowlege of Microsoft Office 365 is a plus
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be fluent in English and Austrian German
- Be comfortable presenting to groups, both remotely and in person
- Be available to travel frequently across Austria
- Be a self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changeable environment
- Be comfortable in using social media to help promote and grow the Veeam community