Accounts Payable Specialist
- Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam Software – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
- Responsible to assemble, review and verify AP invoices and payment request.
- To flag and clarify any unusual or questionable AP invoices.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used in the system.
- Generate electronic transfer and payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check runs in order to review by the Finance Manager.
- Monitor and reconcile the payable accounts transaction to ensure payments are up to date.
- Ensure all AP bill documented and in proper file.
- Monitor vendor master data setup and maintenance.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to the vendors at multiple locations. Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Perform monthly closing for AP activities and ensure smooth closing of month end operations.
- Tracks expenses, processes expense reports, and prepares analyses of accounts.
- Posting journals for monthly expense reimbursement.
- Maintain good relationships with key leaders/stakeholders in Expense Managements.
- Perform bank reconciliation report for multiple countries.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and yearly closing of accounts. Ensure the closing report is completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in internal/external audits to ensure all appropriate controls are being followed.
- Prepare and workout the GST reconciliation report for quarterly submission.
- Perform any ad-hoc duties assigned by Finance Manager.
- Candidate must posses at least Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy or any equivalent background.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in accounts payable or general accounting.
- Strong knowledge in accounts payable is preferable.
- Proficient in data entry and vendor management.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good oral and written skill in English.
- Fast learner and good team player.
- Proficient in MS Office application like Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Words.