Network Engineer - OSS
- 101 Carlton Gore Road, Newmarket, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
- Department: Vector Fibre
Who we are
Vector Fibre builds data networks for business. From building, monitoring and maintaining our own fibre optic network, to designing ways for your business to connect to it and the world, we’re working hard to be the go-to company for businesses who demand fast, reliable and secure data networks. While Vector Fibre is small enough to be easy to deal with, we’re very well connected. Our parent company Vector Ltd is one of New Zealand’s leading infrastructure companies.
At Vector Fibre we are transforming our operational model using innovative technology platforms to better serve our customers and manage our networks. Hence, we need an OSS Engineer to help operate and automate business as usual tasks across the OSS environment. Main function of this role is to implement, release, test and maintain critical OSS applications and infrastructure.
Key responsibilities are as follows -
- Managing business as usual Incident / Problem / Change Management relating to OSS including working with vendors
- Identifying and performing pro-active maintenance (e.g. Patching) on OSS applications where required and perform / manage testing
- Developing innovative monitoring methods for OSS applications with a view of measuring and improving OSS reliability
- Assisting in improving process around operation of the OSS
- Writing proper documentation around the OSS tools for operations staff
- Be the SME for OSS applications for project work
- Providing design input for OSS
- Assisting in mentoring junior staff
Some of the technology you will utilize in this role are as follows -
- Various NMS/EMS
- Open Source
- Linux & Windows Server
- IPAM, RADIUS, LDAP, DNS, Syslog
To be successful in this role you will bring the following -
- Previous experience working as a Network/Systems Engineer for at least 3+ years
- Experience working for a Network Service Provider or Telecommunication environment is a MUST
- Experience administering Linux (RHEL, CentOS) and Windows Server
- Experiencing administering VMware environment
- Good understanding of legacy network management interfaces CLI, SNMP and modern interfaces such as NETCONF, ReSTCONF.
- Prior experiencing deploying and operating NMS / EMS, NPM applications
- Good understanding of LDAP, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, SYSLOG
- Strong desire to continue learning and developing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of IP Networking
- Comfortable with Python/Bash/Shell/SQL
- Understanding of SNMP
- Prior experience with Ansible
- Prior experience with Cloud services in AWS
What we can offer you
You'll be joining a dynamic company that provides the ideal career environment for people with high calibre attitudes, experience and skills. You'll be offered a competitive salary, a range of great benefits, and the opportunity to grow and make a real difference in a supportive, high-performing team.
Vector engages a workforce made up of people and teams with diverse skills, values, backgrounds and experiences. Vector respects and values people who are different from each other, including gender, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, race and religion. We were the first corporate Living Wage Accredited employer, and the first Accessibility Tick employer. We are, of course, Rainbow Tick accredited, and Vector also won three gongs at the 2019 Diversity Awards NZ, including the Supreme Award. Why wouldn’t you want to work here.