- 11 Bennett Street, Cloverlea, Palmerston North 4412, New Zealand
Who we are
OnGas is the gas brand for Vector Limited, New Zealand’s leading energy company. Vector’s OnGas supplies both piped and bottled LPG to customers throughout New Zealand, with depots from Whangarei all the way down to Invercargill. OnGas retails natural gas to large commercial & industrial users throughout the North Island.
About the Role
Based at our Palmerston North Depot, the Depot Manager is responsible for creating a culture of high performance by providing strong and effective team leadership.
The role’s primary function is to provide an efficient and safe delivery of product to our LPG customers, ensuring the highest level of service is maintained. This includes compliance to Industry Standards, regulations, codes of practice, operating procedures, training requirements and policies. Other responsibilities will also include:
- Leading and managing individual and team performance
- Consider and manage seasonal staffing demands
- Ensuring distribution efficiencies are constantly reviewed and delivery schedules are rationalised with the scheduling team
- As an LPG filling hub, operationally support growth into the Wairarapa and Taranaki regions.
- Yaking ownership for plant and equipment process safety, permits to work, management of on-site contractors, and local fleet integrity to meet compliance and operational objectives.
Who are we looking for
- To be successful in this role you will need to have the following attributes:
- Experience in a supervisory/operations management role.
- A strong understanding and commitment to Health, Safety and Compliance within the Gas industry and experience training others
- Proven ability to self-manage your workload and others, problem solve and make decisions
- A Class 2 HT license with a solid driving history and ideally with a Dangerous Goods Endorsement (assistance can be given to obtain DG)
- LPG Cylinder filling certification
- Strong customer focus and computer proficiency is a must, including proven documentation, scheduling and resource planning experience.
- Team leader and player.
So if this sounds like the role you're looking for and you have the right experience from either a distribution or process based industry, then why not apply now!
To find out more about OnGas, our products and services, visit us at www.ongas.co.nz
Vector engages a workforce made up of individuals with diverse skills, values, backgrounds and experiences. Vector respects and values people who are different from each other, including gender, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, race and religion.
We welcome applications from all individuals. If you require assistance or accessibility support from us during the application and selection process, please do not hesitate to call us on 06 272 7950 or email [email protected]