Project Manager (Construction)
- 538 Leverington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19128, USA
VBC Construction, formerly Vaughan Buckley Construction, is an established company experiencing significant growth, that has been heavily engaged in the modular construction industry over the last decade. Our company builds exclusively with modular components and has won several awards and much industry recognition for the same. Utilizing modular construction in an urban environment requires much logistical, spatial and social engineering to successfully implement a project. We are a team of experienced, driven and friendly leaders and associates and we are looking for the best new addition for our team. Our success is created by our people and our people are our biggest asset.
VBC Construction is a full-service construction management company that supplies the region with consultation, construction management, modular component sales, and logistics for the modular building industry.
We facilitate the collaboration of all engineering and architectural details before the manufacturing stage. Because of this, we at VBC Construction are innovating and shaping construction itself with creative solutions at every stage of the building process — from initial brainstorming to seeing a project through to completion.
Here at VBC Construction, we’re more than a team. We want our employees to consider us as a career — not a 9-to-5 job. Your coworkers are not just your colleagues, but also your lifeline on the job site. It is our responsibility to push for the highest safety standards not only for the client but also for each other.
We are looking to add a Staff Accountant to our growing Finance team.
You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation for new construction and renovations for commercial projects.
• Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation.
• Manage multiple, multi-family, type-3 projects greater than 100 units in one given project.
• Familiar with a Design Build approach to all projects from Pre-Con to Turn Key expectations.
• Manage project schedules (MS Project) and Two-Week- Look-Aheads.
• Manage employee performance.
• Evaluate site and QC on work performed.
• Ensure site safety.
• Allocate resources for assigned projects (materials, equipment and facilities).
• Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors.
• Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients.
• Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs.
• Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction and project management
• Knowledge of construction management software (Blue Beam, MS Project & Excel)
• OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 certification
• Strong leadership qualities
• Strong negotiation skills
• Must be deadline and detail-oriented with a strong daily, proactive tactics to reach the company’s goals
• Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
• PM certification preferred or commensurate field experience
Please include your salary requirement with your application / resume.
Excellent salary, benefits (paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)), as well as growth potential.