Architect (Enterprise and Data)
- Hullenbergweg, 1101 Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Varrlyn we believe that if it is possible, it will be done. If it is not possible, Varrlyn will look for ways to do it anyway. Turning impossible questions into possible solutions, that is what makes us different.
Our people breathe, dream and live dealing rooms. We have extensive experience in IT system implementations and application support for different financial markets applications. Varrlyn has a proven track record: we have worked for financial institutions in Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Paris, New York, Frankfurt and Sydney. We will help you improve your cost efficiency, simplify your application architecture, optimize the time to market, increase straight through processing and comply with financial regulations. In short: You do the deal, we'll do the project!
Varrlyn is a consulting firm which was founded in 2010 and is based in The Netherlands.
Because the project Digitalization starts full swing in 2021, architecture has to be ‘on board’ to oversee the complexicity and set up the architecture –traject.
This starts with a set up of the architecture trajectory, followed by design, step by step concretize before moving to change. It’s now in stage of high level design to mid level design: important to see ‘how things are constructed’ and what the implications are when things are changing?
Candidates who are able to estimate the impact and work towards solution and concrete results. Questions like: Where do the data-streams start?
When the metaphore: “We redirect the highway for a few kilometers” is challenging you, you are the candidate. Do you see patrons in ‘the spaghetti’?
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Your central responsibility (as the Enterprise Data Architect) will be to deliver and guide physical architectures taking conceptual and logical architectures as input
• Collaborate on and deliver input to logical architectures;
• Assess current data flows (source, data stores and consumption) and where the data is being stored and used;
• Perform data quality assessments, identify data issues and propose solutions;
• Translate data requirements into modelled data sets;
• Provide guidance to the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions;
• Guide and collaborate with DevOps teams on solution designs;
•Ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory / compliance frameworks;
- affinity with data-architecture (buzz-word “dama dm bok”) and applicationmanagement
- knowledge of datamanagement structures and of gateway applications
- Complementary to the team: someone who is able to doener, iemand die vertaalslag kan maken van beschouwing naar impact/implementatie
- Solution focused
- Analytically strong
Location: Amsterdam and Heerlen