Vantiva Director, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
As of September 27th, 2022, Technicolor Group (2,957m€ Revenues, 272m€ adjusted EBITDA and 96m€ adjusted EBITA in 2021) has been split into 2 publicly listed companies (Technicolor Creative Studios and Vantiva) on Paris Stock Exchange.
Vantiva Board governance is led by Richard Moat as Vantiva Chairman and Luis Martinez Amago as Vantiva CEO.
Vantiva’s headquarters are in Paris, France.
Vantiva is constituted of 3 main activities:
- Connected Home, core activity, focusing on:
- Broadband market: offer unparalleled fiber, 5G FWA, cable broadband experience with lightning-fast speeds, seamless connections, and whole-home wireless coverage.
- Video market: give customers the content they crave instant access to their favorite TV programming and streaming platforms, supported by branded user interfaces and popular app integrations.
This business Division is led by Luis Martinez Amago, acting, based in the US, Georgia.
- Supply Chain Solutions, legacy activity, providing precision manufacturing (CD, DVD, Blue-Ray, Vinyl), product packaging, warehousing, distribution, and global logistics.
This Business division is currently led by Mr. David Holliday, based in the US, Tennessee.
- IOT for Verticals, a new diversification activity launched in 2022 under the leadership of Reza Raji. The rapid growth of Internet of Things solutions will help industries and businesses save money, improve safety, enhance security, and create entirely new smart spaces.
This Business Division is currently led by Mr. Reza Raji, based in the US, California.
Vantiva's commitment to ethical and accountable policies and practices is reflected in an integrated global CSR strategy that cuts across societal, environmental, and economic issues - from human rights and diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives; to climate change and eco-design principles; to sustainable practices in global supply chains and responsible purchasing across all business operations.
Vantiva long-term efforts to be a responsible citizen company have been recognized by external and independent agencies, including a Platinum Medal CSR Rating by EcoVadis, a #1 Ranking by Gaïa Research-Ethifinance, Prime Status by ISS ESG, Best-in-Class Status by ISS and Top Performer ranking by Vigeo-Eiris (Moody’s ESG Solutions).
Until the spin-off, The Technicolor Head of Internal Audit covered internal audit, internal control, and enterprise risk management (ERM). The position reported to the CEO and had a dedicated team to perform audits and controls. Among the key stakeholders were the Audit Committee and the external auditors.
Post spin-off, Vantiva CEO decided to revisit the internal audit scope to:
- Resize it to Vantiva’s perimeter (activities and footprint)
- Ensure that ERM becomes a very operational matter, close to the business requirements and as agile as the business is.
Based on discussions held between the CEO and the Audit Committee chair, it has been decided to split the scope into two:
- Internal audit (internal audit and internal control)
The Internal audit Director will be based in Paris Office and reporting to Vantiva COO. He/ She will be working closely with the Internal Audit team as interdependencies are material.
The ERM Director will work closely with the Vantiva CEO and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, to provide leadership direction on reaching compliance with program risk management requirements and the continuous improvement of risk management policies, processes, and procedures.
Responsibilities will include development of high growth opportunities, Division restructuring and optimization strategies as well as potential M&A or sale.
A team is to be built with at least one team member.
Internal controls actions will be performed on demand by the Vantiva Quality Team.
- Assist the Board, Audit Committee (AC), ExCom and Senior Management in balancing Vantiva’s risk taking ability with its approved Risk Appetite to protect as well as enhance Corporate Value.
- Ensures alignment of Risk Management with Corporate Strategy: develop and implement additional value-added enterprise risk management initiatives that support Vantiva’s risk management objectives.
- Facilitate the execution of ERM Framework:
- Supports Senior Management and the Board / Audit Committee (AC) in ensuring that risks are mitigated to the desired level.
- Ensures that appropriate Risk Owners are designated.
- Establishes appropriate ERM framework including risk policies, metrics, reporting and monitoring.
- Ensures that the Risk Management Framework facilitates continuous improvement of Vantiva’s capabilities for management of its top priority risks.
- Ensures that Managers at all levels are performing their desired role as per the ERM Framework. Delineates the specific roles and responsibilities pertaining to risk taking versus risk monitoring.
- Provides assurance that communication plans for Risk Management are both coherent and capably executed
- Ensures that Risk Management is guided by its Vision, Mission, Philosophy, Objectives and Policies.
- Represents the main change agent for the implementation and continuous improvement of the ERM system.
- Attends, as required, any investors’ meeting and shareholders’ meeting.
- Attends all relevant meetings with internal and external auditors.
- Accountable for the ERM related sections of the URD
SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 + Working experience as senior manager.
- 5+ Working experience in Operational Risk Management.
- Enterprise Risk Management Certified Professional (ERMCP) or equivalent, would be a plus.
- Thorough understanding of ISO 31000 and COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission) Framework.
- Previous experience reporting to Boards or Senior Management Committees would be a plus.
- Able to think strategically. To possess the authority to monitor the performance of Risk Management Champions and Risk Owners.
- To have excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Be able to organize and motivate others, who in many cases may be in a more senior position.
- Can effectively analyze significant amount of data information and filter it to key points helping management to analyze risks.
- Capability to summarize and interpret risk reports from different Business units and departments.
- Previous experience in auditing, risk assessment and finance are a plus.
- Ability to write / revise policies and guidelines and maintain Risk Register.
- Ability to quickly understand the various functional / business requirements.
- Skilled in writing, analyzing, and reviewing reports before making presentations to Senior Management.
- To freely interact with multicultural workforce; and with strong influencing, organization, leadership and negotiating skills.
- Possesses refined communication skills and advanced speaking capabilities.
- Be empathic, enthusiastic, and passionate about working in ERM culture.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- English fluent is currently a must, to interact with Board members, ExCom members and senior managers as well as auditors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.