Staff Software Engineer
Pushing the Edge
VANTIVA, headquartered in Paris, France and formerly known as Technicolor, is a global technology leader in designing, developing and supplying innovative products and solutions that connect consumers around the world to the content and services they love – whether at home, at work or in other smart spaces. VANTIVA has also earned a solid reputation for optimizing supply chain performance by leveraging its decades-long expertise in high-precision manufacturing, logistics, fulfillment and distribution. With operations throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA, VANTIVA is recognized as a strategic partner by leading firms across various vertical industries, including network service providers, software companies and video game creators for over 25 years. Our relationships with the film and entertainment industry goes back over 100 years by providing end-to-end solutions for our clients. VANTIVA is committed to the highest standards of corporate social responsibility and sustainability across all aspects of their operations. For more information, please visit www.vantiva.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Analyze, design, code, debug, review and modify new/ exisiting software for new/ existing products being developed/ supported where products include Cable Modems, EMTAs, Routers, Extenders, Gateways, Tablets etc.
- Implement new features and extend existing functionality or develop from scratch on the products by writing the code using the required programming language and technologies, provide complete implementation with unit testing done.
- Work with Managers/Leads/Developers/Testers across locations in delivering the software as per the project plan within the committed timelines without compromising on quality using Agile methodology.
- Work with Test teams during test phase, debug, fix and test the issues raised during multiple levels of testing. Prioritize, debug and fix the critical/escalated issues with quick turn-around time.
- May interact with Stakeholders/Architects to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Identify changing requirements and recommend solutions. Acquire and impart domain knowledge to others.
- Work closely with Product Mgmt and HW teams to enable board bringups for new Devices. Develop in-house software as part of a team under tight deadlines. Work as a team on the software for timely delivery of products.
- Prepare Technical documentation related to the project/product and capture in Confluence. Provides technical write-ups whenever required. Review/ write design documents wherever needed.
- Work with project teams to determine an appropriate build schedule and then initiates the build and release process.
- Excellent C programming skills with 8+ Years of experience
- Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems (Linux, eCOS)
- Debug skills covering: IP networking, MGCP/NCS and SIP signaling protocols, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, RTP, routers and routing protocols, data load testing and redundant / fault tolerant configurations.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 protocol and application development hands-on experience
- Preferred Skillsets: Wireless (802.11b/g/n/ac/ax) including wireless encryption (WPA2, WPA, WEP), WPS, DFS, and WMM.
- Preferred Stack experience: OpenWRT(Homeware), RDK-B
- Preferred product work experience: Routers, Extenders, Modems
- Good communication skills. Email communication and documentation should be clear and crisp
Vantiva is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer:
Vantiva is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.