CNC Tooling Technician
Vantiva has long-established advanced capabilities in injection molding and micro-/nano-fabrication gained from its leadership in the optical disc industry. This experience provides a world class platform to address the foremost challenges in microfluidic “Lab-on-Chip” medical device consumable manufacturing. In 2017, the company established Precision BioDevices, a new operating division, to address this exciting market. Our existing worldwide manufacturing facilities and supply chain infrastructure are uniquely and ideally suited to support the rapidly growing market for lab-on-chip and other microfluidic / medical diagnostic devices.
The business also provides DVD, Blu-ray and CD replication services to Hollywood studios, independent rights holders, software developers and game publishers: Optical Media Manufacturing Services, Custom Packaging, Procurement and dry goods management, Distribution and Fulfillment, Returns Processing, Inventory Control and Management and Freight management services.
We’re seeking an experienced CNC/Tooling Technician who wants to work with a highly interactive and dynamic team in our dedicated Microfluidics Innovation Center to develop solutions for today’s microfluidics device manufacturing opportunities. Are you looking for a pivotal role focused on the mold tooling, fixturing and prototype device machining for the manufacturing of plastic “Lab-on-a-Chip” medical diagnostic devices.? Do you want to be part of business venture who manufactures devices that could provide a life changing difference in the medical diagnostic field? If so, join us for these exciting times!
Essential Functions of Position - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up, programming and operation of precision and ultra-precision CNC machines for the production of 1) in-house tooling (insert) for existing molds, 2) custom designed fixtures for manufacturing and assembly operations and 3) plastic microfluidic prototype devices/chips
- Review product designs for manufacturability (DFM) to determine tooling risks and options. Design reviews and evaluation of 3D models and 2D drawings for new and existing products
- Review product design, mold specifications, and development plans with colleagues
- Conducting CNC machining process validation and qualification activities by following documented procedures
- Inspection of machined and/or assembled microfluidic parts to generate analysis data and summary report
- Developing and documenting tooling processes
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a tool maker in a CNC machine shop environment
- Proficiency in CAD software (SolidWorks preferred) and experience with Mold Flow Analysis tools
- Experience with mold tooling design, manufacturing, validation experience (IQ/OQ/PQ) for medical device (preferably microfluidics design) in an FDA regulated (21 CFR 820) and/or ISO 13485 environment
- Experience with machining and processing a wide variety of metal and plastic materials
- Experience with various measurement and inspection tools
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web-based and Windows based software and databases
- Highly effective interpersonal and technical skills, and professional verbal/written communication style
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and team members
- Ability to solve practical problems, be self-motivated and self-directed
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Experience with machining mold components and/or mold inserts or tools for injection molding of medical devices
- Experience with CNC micromachining for microfluidics design with exotic material (heat treated or coated metals, specific plastic types and etc.)
- Knowledge of micro injection molding in medical device industry strongly preferred
Why Work With Us?
- A safe and clean work environment
- Guaranteed first shift, Mon - Fri hours and a regular schedule
- A culture of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- State of the art equipment
- Training and opportunities to grow within the company
- Employee discounts and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Discounted homeowner’s, renter's, pet, and car insurance
- Medical, dental, vision benefits (comprehensive coverage with low premiums)
- We offer a 401k match and provide life insurance at no cost to our employees!
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
This job operates in a professional office and device lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and smartphones. While in clean-room environment must wear clean-room garments, masks, boots, and protective equipment. Frequently exposed to chemicals, fumes and particles, moderate noise and vibration. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, electrical components.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (verbal/written), converse with, and exchange information with others. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time; occasionally move between their workspace, office machinery, and mechanical equipment. The person in this position must operate a computer and other office machinery such as a copy machine, printer, calculator; pull/retrieve/file documents in a filing cabinet. Occasionally move about inside the facility to converse with co-workers and monitor production; may need to position oneself to move between tight, high, or low spaces. Frequently required to handle/position delicate objects, machinery, tools and/or controls. Seeing abilities required by this job include detecting/identifying/recognizing/inspecting objects close to the employee, within a distance, peripherally, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Hourly rate commensurate with years of experience, qualifications, education, skills, and abilities. Anticipated range between $35 - $45/hour.