Vantiva has long-established advanced capabilities in injection molding and micro-/nano-fabrication gained from its leadership in the optical disc industry. This experience provides a world class platform to address the foremost challenges in microfluidic “Lab-on-Chip” medical device consumable manufacturing. In 2017, the company established Precision BioDevices, a new operating division, to address this exciting market. Our existing worldwide manufacturing facilities and supply chain infrastructure are uniquely and ideally suited to support the rapidly growing market for lab-on-chip and other microfluidic / medical diagnostic devices. Check us out at https://www.vantiva.com/solutions/precision-manufacturing/.
We’re seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer who wants to work with a highly interactive and dynamic team in our dedicated Microfluidics Innovation Center to develop production processes across a broad spectrum of microfluidic consumable devices. Are you looking to serve as a key member of a multidisciplinary engineering team responsible for developing manufacturing process and workflows to serve the medical diagnostic microfluidic device market? Do you want to be part of a business venture who manufactures devices that could provide a life changing difference in the medical diagnostic field? If so, join us for these exciting times!
Essential Functions of Position - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop cost effective, efficient manufacturing process flows during product development phases including designing for injection molding and designing for manufacture
- Develop commercial consumable device manufacturing workflows from fabrication through final assembly and packaging
- Research latest trends and develop recommendations for investments in manufacturing equipment technology to extend and diversify Technicolor’s product development and manufacturing capabilities
- Represent the company as a subject matter expert helping to increase Technicolor’s market presence via an existing strong network of diagnostic industry engineering professionals and through participation in key industry tradeshows and similar events
- Monitor industry trends and regularly communicate and recommend strategic changes the company may consider based upon these trends
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in medical device development and/or manufacture
- In depth knowledge of the medical diagnostic consumable device manufacturing industry and terminology
- Specific knowledge of contemporary medical device scale manufacturing processes and techniques for injection molded consumables, as well as familiarity with related manufacturing equipment vendors
- Experience of creating / reviewing product requirements and specification documents
- Experience with equipment / process / product verification and validation under regulatory environment
- Professional level of 3D CAD (e.g. SolidWorks) skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ideally have worked in a small company/start up environment with successful track record of new products/services introductions in a dynamic market environment
- Excellent verbal and written professional communication and presentation skills
- Specific experience of current commonly used medical device scale manufacturing processes and techniques such as:
- Mold tooling design / production and the qualification of the mold (or working with mold tooling vendor)
- Injection molding process development (Scientific Molding)
- Thermoplastic devices assembly utilizing various bonding methods
- Product qualification per specifications
- Process and equipment validation (ISO 13485)
- R&D or Production project management experience as a client or a vendor
Why Work With Us?
- A safe and clean work environment
- A culture of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- State of the art equipment
- Training and opportunities to grow within the company
- Employee discounts and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Discounted homeowner’s, renter's, pet, and car insurance
- Medical, dental, vision benefits (comprehensive coverage with low premiums)
- We offer a 401k match and provide life insurance at no cost to our employees!
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
This job operates in a professional office and device lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and smartphones. While in clean-room environment must wear clean-room garments, masks, boots, and protective equipment. Frequently exposed to chemicals, fumes and particles, moderate noise and vibration. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, electrical components.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (verbal/written), converse with, and exchange information with others. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time; occasionally move between their workspace, office machinery, and mechanical equipment. The person in this position must operate a computer and other office machinery such as a copy machine, printer, calculator; pull/retrieve/file documents in a filing cabinet. Occasionally move about inside the facility to converse with co-workers and monitor production; may need to position oneself to move between tight, high, or low spaces. Frequently required to handle/position delicate objects, machinery, tools and/or controls. Seeing abilities required by this job include detecting/identifying/recognizing/inspecting objects close to the employee, within a distance, peripherally, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary commensurate with years of experience, qualifications, education, skills, and abilities. Anticipated range between $100,000 - $135,000.