Sourcing - Global Category Manager
Pushing the Edge
VANTIVA, headquartered in Paris, France and formerly known as Technicolor, is a global technology leader in designing, developing and supplying innovative products and solutions that connect consumers around the world to the content and services they love – whether at home, at work or in other smart spaces.
VANTIVA has also earned a solid reputation for optimizing supply chain performance by leveraging its decades-long expertise in high-precision manufacturing, logistics, fulfillment and distribution.
With operations throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA, VANTIVA is recognized as a strategic partner by leading firms across various vertical industries, including network service providers, software companies and video game creators for over 25 years. Our relationships with the film and entertainment industry goes back over 100 years by providing end-to-end solutions for our clients.
VANTIVA is committed to the highest standards of corporate social responsibility and sustainability across all aspects of their operations. For more information, please visit www.vantiva.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
As part of the Global Sourcing team, reporting to the VP Strategic Semiconductor Management, the Global Category Manager leads supplier sourcing activities for the SoC category, and manages the relationship with the suppliers. In this role, he/she has to ensure that Vantiva can procure high quality and cost-effective products to support the product roadmap and production requirements.
- Leverage a deep understanding of the market drivers and challenges across the category to structure, establish, and drive category strategies
- Ensure our supplier base is capable of meeting our current and future technical & business requirements
- Develop supplier knowledge and intimacy. Document supplier's organization and identify decision makers, influencers
- Negotiate all terms influencing the TCO
- Negotiate and establish supplier contracts such as Supply & Purchase Agreement, Quality Contract, or Rebate Agreements
- Extend the collaboration beyond traditional boundaries: Innovation (cross technology adoption), joint commercial approach toward customers, standardization bodies and other third parties
- Identify and monitor risks; propose and implement risk mitigation plans and continuity plans
- Work with Supply Chain to resolve any component shortages or quality problems which may arise affecting production schedules
- Periodic travel to supplier’s sites
- Master in Engineering or Business Administration
- Min 7 years professional experience in consumer electronic or semiconductor
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex negotiations
- High flexibility in handling multiple & changing priorities, in accepting mixed / shared responsibilities, whilst maintaining internal customer satisfaction
- Ability to close deals / problems / claims, when best conditions are reached
- Excellent oral and written communication skills