Injection Molding Process Engineer
Vantiva (formerly known as Technicolor Home Entertainment Services) has long-established advanced capabilities in injection molding and micro-/nano-fabrication gained from its leadership in the optical disc industry. This experience provides a world class platform to address the foremost challenges in microfluidic “Lab-on-Chip” medical device consumable manufacturing. In 2017, the company established Precision BioDevices, a new operating division, to address this exciting market. Our existing worldwide manufacturing facilities and supply chain infrastructure are uniquely and ideally suited to support the rapidly growing market for lab-on-chip and other microfluidic / medical diagnostic devices. Check us out at https://www.vantiva.com/solutions/precision-manufacturing/.
We’re seeking an experienced Injection Molding Process Engineer who wants to work with a highly interactive and dynamic team in our dedicated Microfluidics Innovation Center. This modern facility features state-of-the-art injection molding machines and tooling feeding clean room assembly operations to address the advanced precision molding challenges required for microfluidic consumables. Are you looking for a pivotal role in leading-edge injection molding process development and validation for the precision molding and manufacture of medical devices? Do you want to be part of business venture who manufactures devices that could provide a life changing difference in the medical diagnostic field? If so, join us for these exciting times!
Essential Functions of Position - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Injection molding process development for various types of mold tooling with microfluidic design and engineered thermoplastic resins (e.g., COC, COP, PS, PP, PMMA, PC, TPE)
- Production of microfluidic device ranging from small quantity prototyping to the high-volume manufacturing
- Mold installation, molding machine and peripheral equipment set up including robot and end-of-arm-tooling
- Conducting molding process validation and qualification activities following procedures
- Inspection of injection molded and/or assembled microfluidic parts to generate analysis data and summary report
- Operations of various production equipment to support microfluidic device manufacturing
The qualified candidate will have/be:
- 5 years’ experience with process and equipment validations in injection molding
- Experience with wide variety of resin materials
- Experience with various measurement and inspection tools
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web-based and Windows based software and databases
- Highly effective interpersonal and technical skills, and professional verbal/written communication style
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and team members
- Ability to solve practical problems, be self-motivated and self-directed
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Injection molding of medical device (preferably microfluidic design) in an FDA regulated (21 CFR 820) and/or ISO 13485 environment
- IQ/OQ/PQ of molding process (multi-cavity mold preferred)
- Experience with wide variety of mold configurations including but not limited to hydraulic core pull, vacuum assisted molding, coining, variotherm, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience of utilizing scientific molding principles and techniques in the injection molding process development
- Experience with exotic resin materials (e.g., COC, COP, and etc.)
- Knowledge of micro injection molding for medical devices strongly preferred
- RJG Master Molder qualifications a plus
Why Work With Us?
- A safe and clean work environment
- Guaranteed first shift, Mon - Fri hours and a regular schedule
- A culture of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Training and opportunities to grow within the company
- Employee discounts and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Discounted homeowner’s, renter's, pet, and car insurance
- Medical, dental, vision benefits (comprehensive coverage with low premiums)
- We offer a 401k match and provide life insurance at no cost to our employees!
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
This job operates in a clean air-conditioned medical device manufacturing/lab environment including some duties performed in ISO7 clean room environment. While in clean room environment must wear clean room garments, masks, boots, and protective equipment. May occasionally be exposed to chemicals, fumes and particles, moderate noise and vibration with appropriate safety equipment and protection provided at all times. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, electrical components. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, and smartphones. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (verbal/written), converse with, and exchange information with others. The employee may occasionally be required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time; regularly moving between manufacturing equipment, clean rooms and their workspace. The person in this position must operate a computer and other office machinery such as a copy machine and printer. Occasionally move about inside the facility to converse with co-workers and monitor production; may need to position oneself to move between tight, high, or low spaces. Frequently required to handle/position delicate parts, machinery, tools and/or controls. Seeing abilities required by this job include detecting/identifying/recognizing/inspecting objects close to the employee, within a distance, peripherally, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary commensurate with years of experience, qualifications, education, skills, and abilities. Anticipated range between $95,000 - $135,000.