- Montreal, QC, Canada
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
As a Front-End Developer at Valtech you are responsible for working with Designers and Back End Developers to build modern and engaging web experiences. You would use your knowledge to evaluate and recommend best practices during the entire design phase as well as deliver quality code that can be easily integrated to the back end. You are comfortable with and understand the best ways to build CMS-based websites. The Front-End Developer is also responsible to work closely with clients, gathering requirements and providing guidance on how to achieve the client’s goals.
- Gather and document technical requirements
- Translate wireframes, comps, and functional requirements into fully functional user interfaces
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format producing DRY code
- Know the latest features but understand not everyone uses the latest technology
- Liaise with client and project teams
- Help every project you’re part of to be innovative and successful
- Work out of a framework or create the project from scratch
- Be an advocate for Accessibility and Performance
- Understand the impact of Front End decisions on the Back End
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and manage time efficiently
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Responsive Design
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Version control – Git, TFS
- Design tools – Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience with JIRA
- Fluent in English and French
Nice to have:
- Experience working with CMS’ – Sitecore, and .NET development is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a plus
- Gulp, Webpack and other Front-End automation tools
- LESS, SASS and other CSS pre-processors
- Can communicate to technical and non-technical people on the same level
- Collaborating with a diverse, dynamic and close-knit team.
- Collaboration with our international offices and the possibility to go.
- Summer half-days and the possibility to work remotely.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks in the kitchen.
- Fun monthly team-building activities.
- Our competitive compensation package.
- Social activities organized by our Comité l’fun.