- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are Valtech, a digital agency with an unprecedented ambition to set the tone of the future digital business. Are you ready to play along?
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
We are looking for a new DevOps Engineer for our office in Toronto. If you’re up for the challenge you have a chance to join us in the pursuit of becoming the leading digital agency internationally. We are well underway with offices worldwide and North America. But there is still work to be done. Lots of work!
The DevOps Engineer will play a critical role with our build, deployment and cloud strategy for our clients. You are a great communicator and operate with flexibility by contributing to multiple projects and initiatives. Expectations will include more reliable releases, improved productivity and efficiency, and increased client deliverable quality. There will be a close collaboration with customers, project management, developers, and QA to fill in the gaps and iterate.
As DevOps Engineer at Valtech you will:
· Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud and hardware computing space
· Design and implement secure, scalable cloud architectures
· Develop and implement continuous integration frameworks, manual and automated deployment scripts, establish and promote best practices
· Make architectural design decisions, solve technical problems, and make improvements to our systems
· Collaborate in a “DevOps” environment where you will work closely with clients, software developers, QA and more
· Drive to improve availability and reliability metrics for clients
· Create, review and update client facing technical documentation
From the technical perspective, we expect you to:
· Administer and tune Application Servers
· Administer and tune IIS
· Use tools for version management (e.g: Bitbucket, GIT, SVN)
· Use tools for continuous integration (e.g: Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity)
· Use automated deployment tools and release pipeline management (e.g: MSDeploy, Octopus Deploy)
· Use tools for build management (e.g: Gulp, MSBuild)
· Use scripting language such as MS PowerShell for manual/automated deployments
· Have experience with databases, SQL, NoSQL and Object Relational Mapping solutions, as well as schema development, DB, XML
· Have experience with cloud hosting (e.g: Amazon AWS, Azure)
· Have experience with CDN solutions (e.g: Akamai)
The Ideal Candidate
Here is what we are looking for:
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
· 3+ years of experience in medium-large scale systems administration and security
· 3+ years of experience in software release and build management process in a Microsoft environment
· 3+ years of experience administering, configuring and conducting performance investigations and tuning for web servers
· 3+ years of experience using at least two of the continuous delivery tools such as SVN, GIT, Jenkins, or similar tools
· 3+ years of experience using at least two scripting languages to automate manual and repeatable processes
· Working knowledge of virtualization tools
· Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML
· Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
· Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn new tools and products
· Exceptional verbal and documentation skills
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become a global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. We have on-going interviews so send your application as soon as possible via the apply button.