Marketing Science Analyst - Data
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are Valtech, a digital agency with an unprecedented ambition to set the tone of the future digital business. Are you ready to play along?
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
You’ll take overall responsibility on behalf of the Valtech Marketing Science Practice for the design and quality of data & marketing -centric solutions delivered to our customers. Our strategists are quite hands-on, and you can expect to work closely with the CX & technology teams. You’re also likely to become a ‘go-to’ authority on your projects when it comes to data solutions, keeping up to date with industry developments. You will also have the opportunity to use your experiences to assist in presales activities.
- Analysis of business problems to understand system requirements, including quality attributes such as performance, availability and security.
- Engagement of technical and non-technical customer stakeholders at various levels in the organization to identify business objectives and key performance indicators.
· Audit, optimize and test a multitude of client systems; identifying & recommending platforms and services
- Proficient in building out complex triggered campaigns using business rules, including test campaigns, to multiple audience segments and business scenarios
- Helping foster long term client relationships by providing customer insights for future optimizations and iterations of Valtech client implementations
- Identification and assistance in the design for new systems, primarily focused on multiple data flow pipelines into one system of record, storage and analytics.
- Assisting in technology evaluation / assessment; identifying & recommending platforms and services based on business needs & goals.
- Representing the company & practice in public forums.
Skills and Experience Sought
You’ll have experience in agency & digital, having gone through the full project lifecycle; you’ve seen how data decisions play out in production. You may have worked in traditional data warehousing environments, but you are up to speed with more contemporary data architectures based on open source technologies such as Spark.
- Strong written, diagrammatic and spoken communication; ability to present to senior stakeholders.
- Experience with varied types of data: tabular, connected, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.
· Proficiency with Python and/or R
- Practical knowledge of:
- Large scale data processing platforms, typically based on Hadoop / Spark.
- Business intelligence / analytics products or frameworks
- Data visualisation frameworks
Nice to have:
- Experience working with CMS & Commerce platforms such as Salesforce, Episerver, and/or Sitecore.
- Knowledge of data integration technologies. Must have
- Programming experience in languages such as Java or Scala is a bonus.
- Understanding of the digital marketing space, including popular tools and common channel strategies spanning web, email, social and mobile
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become a global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. We have on-going interviews so send your application as soon as possible via the apply button.
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
If you would like to join our growing company please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***