User Experience Designer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, analysis, and data strategy of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We are Valtech, a digital agency with an unprecedented ambition to set the tone of the future digital business. Are you ready to play along?
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,700+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
Valtech Toronto is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our growing ranks of talented, ambitious and creative tech natives. We’re the boutique arm of a 2700+ person digital powerhouse agency, allowing us to think local while acting global. We’re doing amazing work for exciting brands and need your UX skills and knowledge to amplify our offering.
We are design focused and put the consumer at the centre of every brand. The UX Designer we’re looking for is passionate about user centricity and always curiously expanding their knowledge of User Experience tools and techniques.. You’ll be joining the ever-evolving Customer Experience team, working on everything from early research and discovery to wireframing and prototyping on e-commerce, enterprise scale web design systems, and even next gen experiential retail.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Lead client ideation and workshop sessions to find the right UX solution for their brand challenge
- Work collaboratively with Strategists, Solution Architects, Data Strategists, Developers and Product Owners on project planning and brainstorming sessions
- Develop and present creative concepts that display interactive elements and visual overviews to clients
- Design user research and craft user journeys through focus groups, interviews and propose future analytics and testing scenarios
- Create wireframes, site maps, work flows, personas, feature lists, mockups, business rules, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of production techniques, options, and project timing
- Keep up to date on marketing and design trends, visual styles, art, technological advances, and their influence and applicability
- First and foremost, true dedication to the end user
- 2+ years of UX experience preferably with a digital agency
- Excellent collaborative design methods (from involving stakeholders early in the process with rough sketches, to quickly iterating based on new data or inputs, to bridging the gaps between disparate practices and stakeholder.)
- Exhibit natural attention to detail
- Solid understanding of interactivity and creations in the digital sphere with a basic understanding of motion design
- Self-driven, inspired, and motivated—we seek people who take pride in their work
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines (efficiently and independently).
- Knowledge in Sketching, Storyboarding, Photography, UX, Motion Design, Animation and 3D are all welcome. Storytelling is the thread throughout.
- Ability to communicate complex challenges in a simplified manner.
Interested? To apply please submit
· Link to your online Portfolio, or a PDF version, or at least 3 samples of your work
· 1 Paragraph Bio describing your qualifications for this role
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has almost 3,000 employees across 38 offices worldwide. In North America we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. Send us your resume and give us a bit of writing about yourself and your motivation to work for Valtech.
- Our competitive compensation package.
- Collaborating with a diverse, dynamic and close-knit team.
- Summer half-days and the possibility to work remotely.
- Collaboration with our international offices and the possibility to go.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks in the kitchen.
- Fun monthly team-building activities.