Solution Architect - Ecommerce
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are Valtech, a digital agency with an unprecedented ambition to set the tone of the future digital business. Are you ready to play along?
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
As an Ecommerce Solution Architect you will be an active member on client project teams playing a hands-on role in producing client solutions. You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers and effectively lead a project stream on a project. Your contribution to the success of our client work will rely on the skills and responsibilities you bring to each project.
A successful Ecommerce Solution Architect is highly adaptable, shows strong initiative, is able to work independently, has a driving desire to grow professionally towards specific goals, and is energized by working in a team environment. This position requires a focus on client success, client-facing skills and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Lead an Ecommerce project, from design to delivery
- Act as a sales engineer both for new Ecommerce projects and within existing client accounts; assess client requests and propose solutions, estimates and alternatives
- Provide effort estimates and solution approaches for sales scenarios.
- Position solutions and options to client business stakeholders
- Lead development process, solution design and build implementation towards the on-budget, on-time, high quality delivery of client projects.
- Play a direct role in client communications and expectation/scope management.
- Participate in requirements analysis and documentation and development of acceptance criteria.
- Play a senior consulting role for specific areas of domain expertise; working towards industry visibility.
- Work with project and account managers to build project plans and timelines.
- Direct development methodology and play a role of technical leader within the team.
- Contribute to and execute on processes and practices towards delivery excellence, team happiness & client satisfaction.
- Supervise, mentor and coach Senior Developers
- Act as a positive and supportive force within the team.
- Successful delivery of Ecommerce projects
- Ability to coordinate activities needed to launch a successful Ecommerce project
- Client-facing experience
- Ability to communicate, produce documentation, prepare and lead client sessions, etc.
- Ability to sell technical concepts, sell our team and our capabilities to business stakeholders
- Working experience with a leading Ecommerce platform(s) including but not limited to:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Sitecore Commerce
- Episerver Commerce
- SAP Hybris Commerce
- Designing technical architecture, including:
- Solution architecture of Ecommerce systems and integrations
- Solution infrastructure, including recommending and validating servers, databases, load balancing, performance metrics, etc.
- Knowledge of agile principles – scrum, backlog, etc.
- Agency experience a plus
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become a global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. We have on-going interviews so send your application as soon as possible via the apply button.
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
We offer work from home options, great learning opportunities, and a collaborative team environment. If you are interested to join a growing company and have the skills we seek please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***