Senior User Experience Designer (Contract to Hire)
- New York, NY, USA
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has over 2,500 employees worldwide. In North America we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
The Senior User Experience Designer takes direction from the Director of User Experience and the client team in planning, designing, testing and advancing the user experience across Valtech’s internal and external projects ensuring the user experience adheres to industry best practices and client requirements.
· Engage in both sales and active projects. Which will include an understanding of working quickly within the sales environment and more detailed for active engagements.
· Attend project planning meetings and brainstorming sessions through ideation and design perspectives while working closely with internal teams and clients
· Create and maintain the user experience and interactions for online work across multiple devices and platforms
· Stay abreast of technical and functional dependencies across multiple initiatives
· Define site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site upon which all other aspects are built
· Create wireframes, site maps, work flows, personas, feature lists, mockups, business rules, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience
· As it pertains to UX, help design and conduct stakeholder interviews and user testing sessions and present findings and recommendations
· First and foremost, a true dedication to the end user
· The ability to maintain an open mind and an entrepreneurial spirit, as it pertains to innovation
· 5+ years of relevant UX or transferable experience
· Understanding of best practices for creating a best-in-class user experience with user interface design processes and methodology
· Experience in the development of dynamic websites, intranets, web-based applications, mobile (including tablet), and e-commerce platforms from a user experience perspective
· General knowledge of industry specific software. OmniGraffle, Sketch App, InVision and Axure. Photoshop, Keynote is a plus
· Outstanding organizational skills with an attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated experience conducting user testing and translating tests into design decisions
· Flexibility and adaptability; able to manage shifting priorities as projects evolve
· Understanding of and passion for the digital space
· Expressed ability to work in small teams and be a true leader in those environments
· Knowledge in Retail Industry and in-Store experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.