- Toronto, ON, Canada
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, analysis, and data strategy of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We are Valtech, a digital agency with an unprecedented ambition to set the tone of the future digital business. Are you ready to play along?
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
As a Front-End Developer at Valtech you are responsible for working with Designers and Back End Developers to build modern and engaging web experiences. You would use your knowledge to evaluate and recommend best practices during the entire design phase as well as deliver quality code that can be easily integrated to the back end.
- Liaise with client and project teams
- Gather and document technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance activities
- Provide written documentation and training to clients
- Translate wireframes, comps, and functional requirements into fully functional user interfaces
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format producing DRY code
- Know the latest features but understand not everyone uses the latest technology
- Help every project you’re part of to be innovative and successful
- Work out of a framework or create the project from scratch
- Be an advocate for Accessibility and Performance
- Understand the impact of Front End decisions on the Back End
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and manage time efficiently
- Responsive Design
- Version control – TFS, Git
Nice to have:
- Experience working with CMS’ – Sitecore is a plus
- Gulp, Webpack and other Front-End automation tools
- Design tools – Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
- LESS, SASS and other CSS pre-processors
- Experience with .NET development
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
If you would like to join our growing company please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***