VP - Client Delivery - Americas
- Montreal, QC, Canada
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
The VP, Client Delivery has responsibility for monitoring, guiding and supporting our client delivery across our offices in U.S., Canada, Argentina, and Brazil.
In this role, you will lead the implementation and continuous optimization of a consistent delivery methodology for our client projects, which enables our teams to seamlessly work together across disciplines and offices, while delivering market-leading digital solutions for our clients. You’ll also establish, implement and drive a portfolio management process, which allows maximum visibility to status of client engagements across the region’s projects and programs. You will be a guide and a source of inspiration for the delivery teams across our offices in the region. While you’ll apply your deep knowledge and experience in the field, you’ll also work collaboratively with our Chief Delivery Officer to ensure practices and methodology is aligned to global guidelines and standards.
As an ideal candidate you have a very solid background in digital project delivery, and you have a proven track record in leading multi-disciplinary client delivery teams in complex environments with distributed stakeholders and teams. You know the value of routine and attention to detail, yet you’re an innovator, who’s continuously seek new methodologies and approaches to delivering digital business value for your clients. While you keep a helicopter view on the entire delivery organization, you still like to be hands-on and can dive into our client engagements when needed to ensure that they are successfully executed. You also have a business mindset, and you can contribute strategically and tactically to our continuous growth and ambition to be the leading business transformation partner for global brands and enterprises.
You’ll be measured on our ability to deliver high-quality work to our client that meets requirements and expectations in terms of timelines, budgets, business impact, and client satisfaction.
- Introduce consistency in client delivery process and methodology across the region
- Establish consistency in delivery practices, activities, tools and artifacts across the end-to-end delivery life-cycle; this includes supporting a common global vocabulary for all things related to delivery
- Collaborate with leadership for business development and account management on frameworks and templates for client contracts (i.e. statements of work) to ensure consistency, and support for different types of client delivery
- Implement a Portfolio Management framework, which gives us a roll-up of status across all in-flight work across the Americas
- Drive the definition and implementation of a common project management toolbox that is aligned to global standards and best practices
- Ensure practices and guidelines for client delivery scales via training, employee onboarding, etc.
- Support Managing Directors with their team mobilization and setup of major client engagements in the region
- Step into role as executive sponsor and steering committee member for select client engagements
- Provide guidance and hands on support as program manager on strategic client engagements, should these require this
- Support the Managing Directors in their hiring decisions for key roles in the client delivery teams
- Partner with our Chief Delivery Officer and other global team members in ensuring consistency with global methodology and best practices
- Proven experience as Head of Client Delivery in a dynamic digital agency environment with distributed cross-functional teams
- Fluidity in leading delivery methodologies (e.g. design-thinking, agile) as well as project management frameworks (e.g. PMI, PMP)
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills that are proven in a global and internationally oriented work environment
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business- and delivery functions (e.g. strategy, creative, technology, client service, finance, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
The role reports to the Executive Vice President, North America, with a dotted line to the Global Chief Delivery Officer. It’s a member of the Senior Leadership Team, which includes all other major business functions, incl. Managing Directors for each office. It collaborates closely with delivery leads from across the offices, each that are led by a Managing Director.
PLACE OF WORK
The right candidate will have one of our offices in North America as home office, but location depends on where we find the right candidate. Travel will be required to be successful in the role.