Senior Enterprise Architect
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, analysis, and data strategy of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We are Valtech, a digital agency with an unprecedented ambition to set the tone of the future digital business. Are you ready to play along?
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
As the Senior Enterprise Architect you will be a part of building an interactive digital concept store using the latest in cutting edge technologies. Leveraging powerful cloud based platforms and proprietary solutions, you will be working on projects that include voice applications, artificial intelligence, smart beacons, associate clienteling, interactive displays, and omni-channel commerce. Using your skills and knowledge in Platform as a Service, headless commerce, content management, and APIs you will build solutions to deliver the next generation retail experience.
- Work with strategy and creative teams to define constraints and provide recommendations for implementation approaches.
- Lead technical streams of work: application, data, infrastructure, security in defining, designing and delivering specific technical architectures, patterns, technical quality, risks and operability of architecture solutions
- Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for solutions for infrastructure and platforms
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches to address challenging development and integration problems with cloud and physical environments.
- Perform research activities to identify emerging technologies and trends that may affect the enterprise
- Maintain awareness of vendor/product industry developments, regulations and trends and identify potential impacts to the enterprise
- Provide leadership and direction for defining application specific technical strategy aligned with business domain priorities
- Analyze the business drivers that determine key architecture requirements for various cloud service delivery models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc.) along with cloud specific services.
- Develop the process for creating a technical strategy that supports the business strategy and facilitate its development and maintenance.
- Ensure overall technical feasibility of the solution and ability to meet client expectations.
- Ensure architectural requirements are implementable by development teams.
- Mentor team members in the principles of Enterprise Architecture
- Develop, collect and analyze Enterprise Architecture metrics to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Client-facing experience
- Ability to communicate, produce documentation, prepare and lead client sessions, etc.
- Ability to sell technical concepts, sell our team and our capabilities to business stakeholders
- Technical architecture, including:
- Building Service-oriented architectures unifying multiple systems together
- Solution architecture of multi-tier applications and integrations specifically on the Microsoft/.NET stack
- Solution architecture of Ecommerce systems and integrations
- Solution infrastructure, including recommending and validating servers, databases, load balancing, performance metrics, etc.
- Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of CMS platforms and solutions
- Knowledge of Ecommerce platforms and solutions
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure platform and its products
- Agency Experience
- Experience in the retail space
- Application lifecycle management/ Dev Ops
- Architecting source control, continuous delivery, continuous integration, and deployment management for our projects and for clients
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile principles – scrum, backlog, etc.
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become a global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. We have on-going interviews so send your application as soon as possible via the apply button.
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
If you would like to join our growing company please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***